• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fitting Barrels to M2013

NCshooter1980

Private
Minuteman
May 21, 2010
Central NC
So Krieger doesn't fit barrels to the Badger M2013 action, and Badger doesn't offer barrel fitting services according to their website. Where are you all having your barrels chambered/crowned/fitted?

Thanks.

I'm not big on just handing over a barrel and action that costs that amount without seeing previous work, I'm just looking for competent smiths that others have used before.

I'm not big on just handing over a barrel and action that costs that amount without seeing previous work, I'm just looking for competent smiths that others have used before.

Can you clarify what you mean here? Handing over to whom?

Local smiths that I'm not really familiar with. I've had poor experiences with local smiths in the past that are nothing more than an average tinkerer in their garage.

Jesus....Sigh

GA Precision
Accurate Ordnance
Short Action Customs
Spartan Precision(?)
American Precision Arms
Etc.

There ya go, 5 of the top Shops in the country. Pick one, Call the Shop, Discuss what you want and BAM. Done.

Mark at SAC has these down to frickin science, on account of him being a great riflesmith to begin with, plus he's done a lot of these lately.

He built mine recently, and its first time out past 200 yards shot a 1.25" 5-shot group at 600.

Not to say any of the other smiths mentioned can't/won't do a great job; I just have personal experience with a 2013 built by SAC.

Could NOT be happier with it.