• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Fixed Power Scope Recommendations

Salmo22

Private
Minuteman
Jul 23, 2010
Arizona
I'm looking for a fixed power (6.0) scope for a hunting rifle I'm putting together. I've been considering the Leupold FX-3 6x42; however, I don't want to make a purchase decision until I've evaluated other options.

Any recommendations or comments are sincerely appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Fixed Power Scope Recommendations

If you're not dead-set on a fixed power, I think this would suit your needs pretty well.

http://www.nightforceoptics.com/SCOPES_O...-10x32_nxs.html

a_a_2.gif

Here's one that a Hide vendor has for sale.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2863346&gonew=1#UNREAD

SWFA has a 6x42 SS that should be 299.99 like the rest of their scopes. They will serve you well for the price range.

Good luck,
Merritt

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wild_Man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What distances will you be shooting at? </div></div>

400 yards and under.

What quality are you after? Something that is pretty cheap and basic or something with better glass and more useful for extended applications? I'd go for the NXS or a SS 3-9 or even a weaver 2.5-10x (I think thts' what it is.. Lowlight did a review recently). If not, the 4x market is much bigger than the 6x

I, personally, will not use (or attempt,rather) a fixed mag scope for hunting. Low power variable for me....

I have a Classic Schmidt & Bender 6x42 and it is the clearest scope I have ever looked through. I bought is used and will never part with it.