• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fixed: Security Error?

S3th

Indecisive
Minuteman
Oct 14, 2018
Greensboro NC
I am unable to login/forum search on a desktop computer. I have tested on Firefox, Chrome, and Edge. Any suggestions?

C0F21241-A8A0-40EB-ACBB-57F578327FC7.jpeg

Your desktop computer or any desktop computer? If it's yours, then it's likely your IP address has been banned for whatever reason and has more to do with your router than your desktop.

Your desktop computer or any desktop computer? If it's yours, then it's likely your IP address has been banned for whatever reason and has more to do with your router than your desktop.
Just mine. It started after the cloudflare change.

Try clearing the cache and deleting all cookies from the site. Failing that try a different browser.

After turning off my virus protection (BitDefender) it allows me access. Very strange...

After turning off my virus protection (BitDefender) it allows me access. Very strange...
It has a VPN function which is likely the issue given it affected that device on multiple browsers.

It has a VPN function which is likely the issue given it affected that device on multiple browsers.
No idea. After turning Bitdefender back on the security error started to reoccur. I just added snipershide as a website exclusion so hopefully, that solves it once and for all.

The VPN is causing SH to block you. It's not you, it's them. A VPN randomizes your actual location and "hides" your identity. Spammers use it to hide. With all the spammers and others trying to shut the sight down, I assume they're blocking VPNs to help with security here.

Reactions: S3th
The VPN is causing SH to block you. It's not you, it's them. A VPN randomizes your actual location and "hides" your identity. Spammers use it to hide. With all the spammers and others trying to shut the sight down, I assume they're blocking VPNs to help with security here.
I don't recall having a VPN, especially since I run their free version. However, I think you are correct.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope