• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FL congressman says ATF pushing to ban pistol braces.

2ndamendfan

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2010
UT

I hope I can score a Daniel Defense MK 18 before it's too late!

If we have learned one thing over the past year its this:

If the group of people who say 'fuck your laws' is big enough, the law tends to stop mattering.
Exactly.
The ones that burn down citys get shit done. All we do is resort back to our social media and forums and thank god thats all they took from us.

I was honestly always afraid this could happen.
Well nothing has happened just yet. So far only a super secret memo apparently only Gaetz knew about. If there is one type of story I tend not to get overly spun up over it's unverified anonymous stories. It very well could be true and accurate as reported. I like Gaetz as he plays a necessary protagonist for a lot of topics I care about, but I also know he has his hands more than full in a primary coming up in 8 weeks and this would be a well timed lightning rod topic for his campaign in the panhandle. R or D I put nothing past these glory seeking movie stars to further their own careers.

Need to get potus and his wife out to a range and let them play with some toys.

Maybe he would understand better.

If I were potus there would be a new underground shooting complex attached to the white house cleverly disguised as and funded as a new bomb shelter.

Reactions: LeftyJason
Rumor has it they are trying to band all pistols that are designed to fire a factory projo 2K FPS or faster as well.
BC6B19C7-C7F5-4C31-AEB1-0325C5B41173.gif

Rumor has it they are trying to band all pistols that are designed to fire a factory projo 2K FPS or faster as well.

I'm guessing nobody thinks the people that matter might already be learning how and where to aim.....
be all armoured up all you want, see what someone with a .22LR target rifle and subsonic ammunition can do to you at 100 yards or in. Or a target pistol at close range.

ATF ruled that braces were good to go, but no legislation supported this ruling. Now they want to change their opinion on the matter, because there is no legislation to back up our position. This is what you get for putting faith in a govt agency, they are as fickle as a woman when it comes to this shit.

What does the ATF have against the poors?

What does the ATF have against the poors?

Loss of revenue. I am guessing here, but since 41p I bet the number of tax stamps they are collecting funds for is much less. Getting fingerprinted is now another 50 some dollars to the process here. And taking the time to make an appointment when he is here to do them is a PIA. If they want to increase their revenue again. I think 41p is what they should think about changing their mind on.

Reactions: BigTex
Loss of revenue. I am guessing here, but since 41p I bet the number of tax stamps they are collecting funds for is much less. Getting fingerprinted is now another 50 some dollars to the process here. And taking the time to make an appointment when he is here to do them is a PIA. If they want to increase their revenue again. I think 41p is what they should think about changing their mind on.
What I find interesting is the article states the ATF is looking at one particular model of brace(700k in use), not all pistol braces. Then the author mentions speaking to the CEO of SB Tactical who incidentally said there is nothing new to the story. So, if it were a strict revenue push I'd think this would be targeted at all AR pistol braces? I would think SB Tactical is quite likely the brace under alleged scrutiny with 700k in circulation.

I spoke with Alex Bosco, CEO of SB Tactical and here is his company’s statement regarding this news.
Although this may seem alarming, it is, in fact, nothing new. Since 2015, SB Tactical has been actively engaged in discussions with the ATF and working tirelessly to encourage them to provide clear and public guidance regarding what constitutes a brace and the standards by which braces are measured. At this time, we are unaware of any plans by the ATF to make any announcements regarding Pistol Stabilizing Braces. We are grateful that Congressmen Matt Gaetz, Bill Posey, John Rutherford, Daniel Webster, Neil P. Dunn, W. Gregory Steube, and Ted S. Yoho are committed to protecting the second amendment rights of law abiding Americans.

Ready the boats!
Lots of brace related boating accidents about to happen, funny about the same place as the bump stock accidents. Hell it's a regular bermuda triangle for misfit gun parts.

I was honestly always afraid this could happen.

i wasnt as "afraid" it would happen, as i KNEW it would happen. If anyone has any knowledge of the history of the ATF, the only constant was they change their mind regardless of logic. Akins accelerator, anyone?

i said it before, and ill say it again, gun owners were doing mental gymnastics to say the brace wasnt a stock, when everyone knew it was being used as a stock and that it was a "nudge nudge wink wink" stock to get around the NFA (the whole less than 16" thing and the logic of the NFA is a different subject all together). and people were thrilled the ATF threw logic out the window to favor us with an opinion we "liked". All the while everyone has been decrying for years "if we could only get the ATF to use common sense and logic, everything would be fine.".

The funny thing is most people act like the brace invented the AR pistol. In reality, we were all using AR pistols without a brace, possibly with a CAA saddle or old lady cane tip for many years. Newsflash: if you remove the brace, the gun still functions and fires the exact same way.

Ready the boats!
Lots of brace related boating accidents about to happen, funny about the same place as the bump stock accidents. Hell it's a regular bermuda triangle for misfit gun parts.

i wish the "boating accident" joke/innuendo would be lost forever somewhere. its been beat to death, ad nauseum.

When the brace first came out I could see it was going to be trouble. With so many people seeing a backdoor, legal stock for a non-NFA SBR, and then the shenanigans of 'may I' letters to the ATF, Wow. Who couldn't see the ATF first reversal when they said shouldering a brace is a felony. And magically on 20 Jan 2017, they reversed themselves again. Odd date. Maybe something else happened that day and the ATF changed their stance? But that should be a big warning that the ATF would reverse themselves again if the Dems get power again.

I agree the ATF is mad because there are way fewer 200$ checks for tax stamps for SBRs coming in.

I am also pissed that during the first two years of Trump the Republicans and the NRA were fucking asleep. The ban on bump stocks was an opening. Instead of accepting a ban, the NRA and Republicans should have argued to add them to the NFA registry and in the process kill the Hughes Amendment. Address the NFA process is another. Make it so the stamp approval process is much faster. Another is make National Insta Check System truly National. And the Hearing Protection Act that died without a whimper.

Ready the boats!

Yup, Scuba diving is one of my other “hobbies”; it’s unbelievable the amount of lost “items” that can be found but I never retrieve them as I’ve lost all of my firearm related items in a boating accident as well lolol

I’m a firm 2A believer and my personal belief is “shall not be infringed” is pretty damn clear and any firearm restrictions are unlawful due to being violative of our natural right to self defense protected by the US Constitution.

However, in practice and in practical application, the children in adult bodies that are appointed and otherwise work at federal government administrative agencies I think are throwing temper tantrums at all the “ guntubers” shouldering their braces and making statements like “ f the atf”. Not surprising the children might try to retaliate when their “authoritayyyy” is not properly respected lolol.

Last edited:
Yup, Scuba diving is one of my other “hobbies”; it’s unbelievable the amount of lost “items” that can be found but I never retrieve them as I’ve lost all of my firearm related items in a boating accident as well lolol

gotta dive under bridges....thats where all the gang bangers dispose of their weapons.

Exactly.
The ones that burn down citys get shit done. All we do is resort back to our social media and forums and thank god thats all they took from us.
Yep, exactly (not that I have any room to talk tbh)

If we have learned one thing over the past year its this:

If the group of people who say 'fuck your laws' is big enough, the law tends to stop mattering.

Yep, and my cup runneth over with enough of 'em that I'm out front screaming it from the top of my lungs now.

And you're right, if everyone does it there isn't a goddamn thing anyone can do about it. Evidenced by marijuana, and bongs don't even fire bullets. What are they gonna do? Take 'em away?

I only own one and I'd have Form 1'd it if necessary, I like it that much. But if I don't have to, why bother?

And I thought I heard of a bill or some such that was supposed to do away with the SBR classification altogether? WTF?

Which way back to America because I seem to have gotten lost somewhere along the way...

they can push to ban what ever they want not like i am listening to anything they do anymore if the goverment is unable to do there job and stop crooks , or unable to protect the country from threats foreign or domestic the only thing I will listen to my god and he wants me to have more guns and a lot more ammo to defend my self and my family with .

I love me some pistol braces, but the the biggest appeal of AR pistols themselves is being covered under my CPL and thus allowing me to carry loaded mags in my vehicle or in a sneaky bag - of which I don’t do, but like having the option. Any infringement, like braces or certain braces, is just one step closer to losing AR pistols - which is a shit-deal, in my book.

I like Gaetz as he plays a necessary protagonist for a lot of topics I care about, but I also know he has his hands more than full in a primary coming up in 8 weeks and this would be a well timed lightning rod topic for his campaign in the panhandle. R or D I put nothing past these glory seeking movie stars to further their own careers.

Matt Gaetz has basically zero competition this year. What you smoking bro?