• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Flash hider question

brwn bggr

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2006
central michigan
I have a 700 SPS.16.5" ...I have no intention of putting a can on it but the factory thread protector does little to protect the muzzle/crown...Nor do I wish to put up with the added blast of a brake...that leaves me to find an extended thread protector or to use a flash suppressor... I can see the benefits of using a flash suppressor on a short barreled rifle,especially at dusk and dawn...it's not that I expect a critter to run off,but if it happens,I don't want to be blind while it happens...grin! Researching this has made me lean towards the vortex or the black out...My question is that there are different thread depths on some of these and I cant find the specs on very many of them...it seems some are for a .62" barrel stub and some are for one with a .73"...The SPS uses a .730" ...I know I could use timing washers and use a shallow threaded flash hinder,but I would choose not to..So to those of you who have installed flash suppressor s on your SPS's,which ones fit without spacers...???
Thanks guys...!

I've seen one with an A2 style from an AR10. That would be your cheapest option. I chose a BCM Mod 0 more or less based on the concussion reduction.

Last edited: