• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Flash hole uniforming/ deburring???

Re: Flash hole uniforming/ deburring???

I use Sinclair primer pocket uniformer and flashhole deburring tools.

Lyman.

It indexes off of the case mouth so you have to make sure flash hole deburring is the last operation.

I have been thinking about the RCBS unit because it indexes off the inside of the case head.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It indexes off of the case mouth so you have to make sure flash hole deburring is the last operation.</div></div>

+1, case length needs to be consistant on the Sinclair style.

Sinclair for uniforming. I use a K&M for deburring. Case length doesn't matter; it cuts to a preset depth.

5476_4491_popup.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">Since variations of case length do not affect the use of this tool, flash hole deburring is most easily performed on brand new brass without trimming.</span>

I've got the Sinclair tool pictured above that indexes on the case head. Chucked in a table top drill press it makes short work of the deburring and chamfering (thanks to Doc's tutorial on this board).

I use Sinclairs higher grade deburring tool with caliber specific inserts.I think it's a far superior system than the KM style because the shroud that encases the cutter fills up with shavings on the KM.Then of course you gotta dig the damn compressed shavings out or you will have inconsistent depth of cut.

Steve

I use Sinclair tools for both jobs teamed up with my power B&D screwdriver.

Greg L.

Check out Doc's tutorial I'm sure it's a sticky somewhere here.