• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Flashlight for home and carry

Re: Flashlight for home and carry

I am quite happy with the olight M20S 'Special Ops S Warrior'. Terrible name. Good light. Battery Junction carries them http://www.batteryjunction.com/olight-specops-m20-r5.html 'mode' button on the tail cap triggers strobe if used independantly, nice and bright(320lm on max,) good battery life. I usually leave it on medium (110 lm.) A little bigger than the Fenix LD20.

Check the Fenix tk15. I carry it at work and bring it home every night. Has 4 modes plus strobe but I keep it on the third highest mode which for me is the do everything setting. With the 18650 battery it lasts a long time. Also has a strike bezel on both sides.

I love my surefires. I have an original 6P LED that I've had for 3 years or so and has been beat to hell that has never failed. I did switch out the tailcap with a Z49 but I believe all the new ones come with something similar. I pocket carry mine and have no issue with its size and I'm not a big guy by any means. It doesn't print or buldge in my pocket even with other stuff in it too and when I go for it I don't have to dig for it.

I also have a E2D LED defender model and I like it as well. The battery life is really short though compared to my 6P and it works its way to the bottom of my pocket and lays horizontally. I like how my 6P stays vertical in my pocket.

There's a bunch of good options, but I like my Fenix light for it's build quality and price.

Klarus Kt11.

600 lumens on or strobe. Takes 3 types of batteries.

I have not put it on a weapon but it is my bike light and has logged 1000 miles with out issue.

It will blind you; even in daylight.

The light I carry is the SureFire U2, it has adjustable lumens and runs on 2 CR123 batt.

i carry two main lights: fenix pd30 and surefire 6p defender. both are quality and bright enough for almost any job. teh fenix does have more functions and i use it for caming and hiking more doe the varity og situation i can encounter in the woods.

Candlepower forums is a great place to chi,out

Olight m20s-x
4sevens s12
Eagletacs. P20. Or t20
Thrunite TN11s. Catapult v3
4Sevens 123's as above
Jet beams bc40 or the rrt,s. (bc40 has an awesome beam IMO)
Mag lite XL50
Sure fire 6p with Malkoff swap.......I'd still go with one above

Going too bright for interior can royally hose yourself, which is why many find the old 6p to be good.

Someone local must have some listed to show u..."...........but the ones that stink go into the cars...........or junk drawer

Look into Panasonic 18650's and 4sevens.......prolly the best recharges

+ 1 on Surefire Fury Defender

No CC opportunity where I live, so I bought this flashlight for my wife. Put it on a bad guys face if they are walking toward you and it will screw with them big time. Can't see at all, very disorienting, creates an opportunity to get away.