• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Flashpoint on CBS

BossGVR4

Private
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2004
Fairfax, VA
Ummm Canadian SRU Team ....

Former Pink Power Ranger Sniper ....

Simmons Optics, with 'hunting' rings and non-mildot reticle ...

"Is that a Remmy700 ?" ....

This show SUCKS

Re: Flashpoint on CBS

I was watching it with wife. I made it to the first commercial and said i am off to bed i will watch the ret of it today!! but already cant stop picking on shit its bad!!

I agree, not much of a show and not much attention to detail.
confused.gif

It was OK but not as good as the original SWAT. It did not grasp my attention with the story or directing. But the pink Power Ranger was worth seeing again!

I just watched it. Zero attention to detail. I guess they have to make it so it fits a wide group of viewers. What gets me is do a little homework and get the gear right. But Friday nights is my down time with the wife so I will check it out again.

Is it me or are have the guys gay.

It was alright and the Pink Power Ranger is smokin' hot. I was hoping for a little more but it is somehting to watch on Friday night since there is not a whole lot of other stuff available then.

I made a couple of comments along the same lines as I was watching it. My wife asked, "Why don't they try to get that stuff right? Don't they know a bunch of guys like you will be watching?" I started laughing when the guy walked onto the full elevator holding the rifle. She rolled her eyes and said she could just see me doing that.

I will watch next week and if its not any good i am done with it!

I started watching it and remembered that someone posted here on the Hide asking questions about a police sniper taking a shot at a suspect holding a hostage using a Luger. That has got to be the same show he was talking about. There were several pages giving advice and none was taken. I think the post was titled hypothetical situation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Emilio</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I started watching it and remembered that someone posted here on the Hide asking questions about a police sniper taking a shot at a suspect holding a hostage using a Luger. That has got to be the same show he was talking about. There were several pages giving advice and none was taken. I think the post was titled hypothetical situation. </div></div> I think he took what was given to him i the way of advice and went the other way. I watched hoping for something decent to watch but was greatly disappointed. I know it's entertainment but come on lets try to be hal assed accurate.

The show was garbage. The sniper was on the roof of the building right next to the building that I am the operations manager for, I watched the filming from our cooling tower room. Not sure how it appeared to you guys, but the height was approximatley 24 stories up and the angle was very sharp. The show it looks like is going to be based on real life situations that occured with Metro Toronto Police ETF ( Emergency Task Force). That particular sniper shot was based on a hostage taking a few years ago at our main commuter train station into Toronto 2 blocks south of the sniper shoot set. Some wack job shot his wife in one of the bank tower concourse levels then exited the building onto the main road and took a girl hostage in the middle of one of the busiest downtown streets on a weekday morning just after the most commuter trains came into town at that time of the morning. The difference between the real shot on the show, the real shot was take from a little under 45 yards and form behind level cover of the iron railing of the front of the train station.

Good info thanx!!

Show still sucks as of now!

Caught the second episode last night. One with the father trying secure a heart for transplanting into his ailing daughter.

I didn't care for this episode. It had plenty of drama you would expect for this scenario, but really lacked the action I was hoping for. Very predictible and uncreative.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slakline</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Caught the second episode last night. One with the father trying secure a heart for transplanting into his ailing daughter.

I didn't care for this episode. It had plenty of drama you would expect for this scenario, but really lacked the action I was hoping for. Very predictible and uncreative. </div></div>

This was based on another incident here in Toronto were some guy entered a n emergency room with a gun and after a while got himself wacked by Toronto ETF.

I still think all the dudes a gay. It is like the locker room scene in Top Gun. A bunch of hot guys half naked with sweat dripping.... Forget I said that.

My ol lady drags me through every freakin episode. I grab a book and read while it's on but last week's stupidity was over the top.
The freakin sniper with teh M700P had the crappy scope mounted UPSIDE DOWN! WTF??? The elevation knob was directly over the bolt extraction point. Oh well, liberal's
crazy.gif
I think the upstate junior college has made my wife a liberal. She won't even come to the range these days, but cold could be the issue there, but man this show still sucks ass. What a bunch of fucktards!

213hhd.jpg

I noticed the crappy upside down scope & shitty rings but I dont try to analyse the show to much and try to enjoy it. Im also not a big fan of Amy Jo Johnson & the whole Pink Power Rangers thing she had going but I have to admitt her in uniform with a Remmy 700 in her hands is sexy!!

Was it just me or did the show on 2-20 have an open bolt rifle shooting the suspect? I'm not sharp enough to get the pictures, but it certainly looked as if the bolt was all the way open (bolt handle way up in the air, close to the scope eyepiece) when he took the shot. They need someone who knows about guns on that show...

Yeah I caught that too. Bolt wasnt locked down in one frame before the shot (like half cock), then the scene cut to when the guy gets shot, then scene cuts back to the sniper & the bolt is still up in same position. Maybe his that damn quick the camera cant pick up the cycle!

Damn, this show is still on??? I caught the first episode, but that was all I could handle. No Mas!

Got to say,it is pretty sorry show.Last episode i saw the sniper on the roof took out the bad guy with the bolt handle in the up position on a rem700.

I quit after 3 shows couldnt take it any more!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The freakin sniper with teh M700P had the crappy scope mounted UPSIDE DOWN! WTF??? The elevation knob was directly over the bolt extraction point. </div></div>

I just saw that! I only have netflix, no tv, so I watch stupid shows when I have nothing going on at night and the wife is away. I just saw that and wanted to puke. I am glad someone else caught it.