• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Flat or Curved Trigger?

CamW

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2004
Out West
I'm looking at buying a Triggertech trigger, pros and cons of a flat vs. curved trigger bow?
I've only used curved factory Remington triggers.

I have both. Personal preference thing. IMO no performance difference from either

Unless your stock/chassis has a vertical grip, I wouldn’t even consider a flat trigger. The ergonomics don’t line up using a traditional stock.

Even with a vertical grip, I prefer the curved even after shooting a flat trigger for a season of PRS.

Reactions: Cr1775 and jbuck88
Curved for me. Flat seems a fad created for marketing.

I much prefer flat. I’ve been shooting curved tt diamonds for 8 years and switched over all my triggers to flats after using my first one end of last season. It is just a preference thing. You’ll need to feel both

No real difference just your preference. I will say though that if you have small hands then curved is a slightly shorter reach

Agreed - personal preference. Majority of my triggers are now flat. For me, I feel like I can get more consistent placement on the trigger.

Reactions: FredHammer
F209BD70-4BD2-4CAC-BC0E-AD8ACE7D75A2.jpg

Personally I prefer curved triggers. I also prefer some form of texturing. Curved allows me to find the same location on the trigger where flat seems to allow your finger to be high or low which changes leverage and pull feel.

I went through a faze where I thought I liked flat triggers and came back around to curved. The curve helps me index the same spot on the shoe every time and for me that’s beneficial to shooting consistently.

The TT pro curved is my personal favorite shoe next to an AI factory shoe.

I have a couple of flat triggers, but curved is my preference, and will not order another flat trigger. But it's a personal preference thing...what you're most comfortable with behind the gun...for me, the preference is curved every time...but flat will work...

I'm looking at buying a Triggertech trigger, pros and cons of a flat vs. curved trigger bow?
I've only used curved factory Remington triggers.
When you get your grip on your rifle, does your finger naturally find the deep part of the concave of a curved trigger? If yes, go curved. If no and you have to slide your finger up or down to find "the spot", maybe a flat-bladed trigger is what you need.

Reactions: FredHammer
When you get your grip on your rifle, does your finger naturally find the deep part of the concave of a curved trigger? If yes, go curved. If no and you have to slide your finger up or down to find "the spot", maybe a flat-bladed trigger is what you need.
I disagree. If you have to feel your way around every time you need more time behind your rifle. Dry fire practice cures a lot of what ails you.

I like a flat trigger, it allows me to get a mechanical advantage but using the bottom of the shoe. It’s also give me a tiny bit more reach to the trigger while having a shorter lop