• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Flat Trigger - Finger slips

Smoketheclay

Private
Minuteman
Dec 28, 2017
It was raining today and really cold. I was not getting rained on.

I was shooting a flat faced Timney on my RPR and every so often my finger would slip from the trigger after firing.

Any advice on how to prevent this?

You could try cleaning the face of the trigger really well and then sticking on a piece of friction tape. ( skateboard tape )

That’s a good idea. For some reason I have slippery hands. Can’t hit a baseball well without batting gloves either because my hands slide too much

I was thinking of some kind of tape and I think the skateboard/hockey tape is the ticket. Thanks.

Change your trigger finger pull so it's straight back.
Friction tape will do what?

I shoot off a bipod so the recoil isn’t always straight back due to the way the legs of the bipod are aimed. So even pulling straight back won’t fix it

If you need something to "hold" your finger ON the trigger during the firing process, that connection will imput to the gun and hence "guide" your shot .....off poa...fix the entire position, then first joint/mid-pad(of trigger finger)...press slowly and straight to the rear. Take your cell phone, prop it up next to your trigger(left side for a rh shooter) and video the press, post if ya still have questions.

Then your problem is fundamentals and recoil management.

Actually I didn’t write that correctly. Recoil is straight back, but after recoiling straight back the rifle isn’t perfectly straight forward after recoiling back.

I didn’t have this issue with the stock trigger which is curved and set to a higher weight (~2.5-3 lbs). The new trigger is set down to about 1-1.5 lbs

If your finger slips off the trigger when you fire, you need to change you not the trigger. Put more finger on the shoe and line up straight behind the rifle.

I use the lower 1/4 of my finger pad on the trigger. It’s easy to repeat.

Actually I didn’t write that correctly. Recoil is straight back, but after recoiling straight back the rifle isn’t perfectly straight forward after recoiling back.

I didn’t have this issue with the stock trigger which is curved and set to a higher weight (~2.5-3 lbs). The new trigger is set down to about 1-1.5 lbs

Again, recoil management.

Reactions: Steel head
Maybe the issue was I was shooting off a wet, slick bench and couldn’t dig the bipod feet into anything

You don’t “dig” them in on a dry bench. You load the bipod just enough to take the small amount of slack out.

Likely overloading the bipod.

Reactions: Topstrap
You don’t “dig” them in on a dry bench. You load the bipod just enough to take the small amount of slack out.

Likely overloading the bipod.

Yea that day I couldn’t load the bipod. When trying to it would just slide. It was basically like trying to load a bipod with rubber feet on a wet kitchen countertop

Yea that day I couldn’t load the bipod. When trying to it would just slide. It was basically like trying to load a bipod with rubber feet on a wet kitchen countertop

Again, it doesn’t take much to load the bipod. You can do it with rubber feet in the rain.

Finger shouldn’t slip off trigger. Quit looking for reasons everywhere else and look above the sink in the bathroom.

you could try a palm sander on your finger tip or the area that touched the trigger if you hand extremely rough skin or super callused hands then soaking your fingers in a zip lock type bag with hand cream or something like that to soften them up like the other persons idea of the skate tape for some grip .

• Haha
Reactions: b6graham
Again, it doesn’t take much to load the bipod. You can do it with rubber feet in the rain.

Finger shouldn’t slip off trigger. Quit looking for reasons everywhere else and look above the sink in the bathroom.

I didn’t begin this thread asking for comments about my fundamentals. Everyone saying I should fix my fundamentals is “ass”uming quite a bit.

The smooth, concrete benches at my local range that are covered when it’s raining are painted slick. When wet they are slicker. It’s impossible to load an Atlas bipod on them when wet, even ever so slightly.

I began this thread for advice about making a flat trigger easier to grip in such a scenario.

For those making fundamental comments you better be a high master

Reactions: ShadowBear
I didn’t begin this thread asking for comments about my fundamentals. Everyone saying I should fix my fundamentals is “ass”uming quite a bit.

The smooth, concrete benches at my local range that are covered when it’s raining are painted slick. When wet they are slicker. It’s impossible to load an Atlas bipod on them when wet, even ever so slightly.

I began this thread for advice about making a flat trigger easier to grip in such a scenario.

Lol get off your high horse dude

You got suggestions. Take them or leave. Simple really. It's likely more than one person who gave input has more experience than you...with flat triggers and shitty benches (or a car hood in the rain) and other super slick surfaces that shouldnt have any effect on your trigger finger

Also. Wtf is this high master shit hahaha

Let me make this as clear as possible:

You don’t need to load a bipod to keep your finger on a trigger, you retarded fuck. If your finger is slipping off the trigger.....the problem is you.

You came here looking for people to pat your bottom and validate your thoughts. You got the advice you really need, that you need to work on you and not add something to a flat trigger to grip it.

This is along the same lines as when people look for validation of what the problem is when the bipod “hops” on them.

The car hood mentioned above is a great example.

Somehow people can shoot off a slick car hood, in the pouring rain, with smooth and/or flat triggers, and rubber atlas feet, and keep their finger on the trigger.

Must be the grip tape, or soaking their fingers.......high master secret shit.

You don’t need to load a bipod to keep your finger on a trigger, you retarded fuck. If your finger is slipping off the trigger.....the problem is you.

You came here looking for people to pat your bottom and validate your thoughts. You got the advice you really need, that you need to work on you and not add something to a flat trigger to grip it.

This is along the same lines as when people look for validation of what the problem is when the bipod “hops” on them.

I’m not looking for validation. I’m looking for options. You clearly have none.

The fact that you and your pals don’t know what high master is says enough.

And my finger didn’t slip off the trigger. It didn’t stay in the same exact place for every single shot I took. It moved a few millimeters.

With your immature and know it all attitude you ought to be on democraticunderground.com

• Haha
Reactions: M8541Reaper
Loves, loves, loves me some flat trigger shoes..got 'em on all my rifles.

Some folks for whatever reason don't jive with them, maybe you are in this category, no big shakes, and it may be just simply that. You did comment that you work better with a curved trigger.

Hence the option to go flat or curved.

Maybe take a file and texture the shoe surface or sumpn.

Thats's all I got.

Reactions: Smoketheclay
I’m not looking for validation. I’m looking for options. You clearly have none.

The fact that you and your pals don’t know what high master is says enough.

And my finger didn’t slip off the trigger. It didn’t stay in the same exact place for every single shot I took. It moved a few millimeters.

With your immature and know it all attitude you ought to be on democraticunderground.com

Options:
1). Shoot off of a bag/pack. This will help fix your loading issue and provide a better firing position off a bench
2). Video tape yourself and ensure your fundamentals are solid
3). Don’t be upset when people comment with stuff you don’t want to hear.
4). High Master, or any title for that matter, doesn’t mean shit or make someone immune from being fucked up. Everyone is capable of fucking up and not realizing it.
5). Men, especially ones that shoot, tend to have egos that prevent them from seeing even the smallest of flaws. There’s clearly an issue with your firing grip/LOP/position which might be effecting your 90 degree press and causing you to slip. Don’t start gluing shit to your trigger, the thing that makes your rifle go pew, to fix a problem. Have a friend film you and give yourself an honest assessment. Video never lies.

Loves, loves, loves me some flat trigger shoes..got 'em on all my rifles.

Some folks for whatever reason don't jive with them, maybe you are in this category, no big shakes, and it may be just simply that. You did comment that you work better with a curved trigger.

Hence the option to go flat or curved.

Maybe take a file and texture the shoe surface or sumpn.

Thats's all I got.

Those are good points. In all my years shooting I’ve always used curved. Figured I’d try flat, probably need to get used to it

All you democraticunderground.com jerks need to grab your balls and answer a simple question.

What is the point of serrated triggers?

Last edited:
All you democraticunderground.com jerks need to grab your balls and answer a simple question.

What is the point of serrated triggers?

Checked the libtardcuck.uk site and found answers....

Fix your non-90 degree press and work on recoil management...then your finger won’t slip off the trigger. If you struggle with bipod movement, then shoot off of a pack.

What’s the point of a bayonet for a Glock? Just because a product exists, doesn’t mean that it’s a necessity.

Checked the libtardcuck.uk site and found answers....

Fix your non-90 degree press and work on recoil management...then your finger won’t slip off the trigger. If you struggle with bipod movement, then shoot off of a pack.

What’s the point of a bayonet for a Glock? Just because a product exists, doesn’t mean that it’s a necessity.

Very Elizabeth Warren of you - dodging the question

• Haha
Dude don’t get mad when you present a situation/question and get feedback that doesn’t fit your narrative.

Serrated triggers is just a product that was designed to fix a problem that doesn’t exist. Rather it’s just a product that allows the consumer to customize their setup. Dudes have been slaying steel, game, and bodies with slick triggers for generations.

Based on the information you presented, the slippage is user induced due to improper technique.

Best of luck to you and your situation.

It’s for people like you that have their finger slip off of the trigger due to poor fundamentals. ?

Hahahahahahahahaha damn it why didn’t I use that answer?!? Hahahsha

Hahahahahahahahaha damn it why didn’t I use that answer?!? Hahahsha
Dude don’t get mad when you present a situation/question and get feedback that doesn’t fit your narrative.

Serrated triggers is just a product that was designed to fix a problem that doesn’t exist. Rather it’s just a product that allows the consumer to customize their setup. Dudes have been slaying steel, game, and bodies with slick triggers for generations.

Based on the information you presented, the slippage is user induced due to improper technique.

Best of luck to you and your situation.
It’s for people like you that have their finger slip off of the trigger due to poor fundamentals. ?

Keep them coming

Keep them coming

I think it would help if you told us what answer you’d like to hear. At this point you’re either trolling us or you have a serious ego issue.

People here have solid advice based on the situation you presented and the question you asked. I reread the entire thread again and everyone hit it on the head and you kept providing excuses.

Just because you’re having an issue doesn’t make you a shitty shooter or person. We all fuck up the fundamentals from time to time. However it’s the way you address the issues and received criticism (especially when sought out) that defines who you are.

But hey, you’re a supreme master class ninja sniper warrior champion shooter that never does wrong yet asks us lowly commoners for advice.

So I ask again, with the intent of honestly looking to help someone who is asking for help:

What answer do you want to hear?

I think it would help if you told us what answer you’d like to hear. At this point you’re either trolling us or you have a serious ego issue.

People here have solid advice based on the situation you presented and the question you asked. I reread the entire thread again and everyone hit it on the head and you kept providing excuses.

Just because you’re having an issue doesn’t make you a shitty shooter or person. We all fuck up the fundamentals from time to time. However it’s the way you address the issues and received criticism (especially when sought out) that defines who you are.

But hey, you’re a supreme master class ninja sniper warrior champion high master shooter that never does wrong yet asks us lowly commoners for advice.

So I ask again, with the intent of honestly looking to help someone who is asking for help:

What answer do you want to hear?
fixed for you

Recoil is straight back, but after recoiling straight back the rifle isn’t perfectly straight forward after recoiling back.

That's a huge clue that you have an issue behind the gun that is bigger than your finger slipping issue. You should strive for sight recovery to be within a few tenths of your original POA after firing. Work NPA too, as it doesn't lie. Also, you don't HAVE to load a bipod. It's helpful when that's an option, but not at all necessary.

I would guess your finger slipping is a symptom and not the problem. Full disclaimer though.... I'm not a High Master. I also don't have my finger slipping off the trigger, either.

Good luck dude

Great

Jerry Miculek uses a serrated trigger so his finger doesn’t slip.

What if he came to a board anonymously and was asking about ways to resolve his finger slipping when firing with a smooth trigger.

What would you mall ninjas have to say to him?

Last edited:
Great

Jerry Miculek uses a serrated trigger so his finger doesn’t slip.

What if he came to a board and was asking about ways to resolve his finger slipping when firing with a smooth trigger.

What do you mall ninjas have to say about him?

Cool story. Except we aren’t talking about him or any other shooter that isn’t you. We are talking about a guy who straight up won’t acknowledge he has a shooter-induced error (you) and rather than realize he isn’t going to be told he isn’t wrong, he’s going to act like an egotistical ass who doesn’t understand the consequences of his actions.

By that logic everyone should run the exact setup that every top competitor runs and it will solve all of our problems.

Cool story. Except we aren’t talking about him or any other shooter that isn’t you. We are talking about a guy who straight up won’t acknowledge he has a shooter-induced error (you) and rather than realize he isn’t going to be told he isn’t wrong, he’s going to act like an egotistical ass who doesn’t understand the consequences of his actions.

By that logic everyone should run the exact setup that every top competitor runs and it will solve all of our problems.

You’re dodging the questions like a liberal.

You don’t know anything more about me than an anonymous Miculek who could pose a similar question.

Answer the obvious question:

“Jerry Miculek uses a serrated trigger so his finger doesn’t slip.

What if he came to a board and was asking about ways to resolve his finger slipping when firing with a smooth trigger.

What would you tell him”

You see, you and your pals are the egotistical know it alls that without seeing video, or understanding a scenario jump to a conclusion. Liberals

• Haha
There it is. You caught us.

I applaud your trolling and only hope you haven’t reproduced. Best of luck to you, as your life must be a difficult one.

i wonder if OP benches 275? dudes a total badass mother fucker

buddly is that you?

Nah man, not this guy. He used to bench 315 for 20 in high school and was the quarterback. Now he spends his days shooting bowling pins at 1k in 30mph shifting winds offhand.

This is what a true hero looks like gents. We are all competing for 100th place when he comes around.

He’s probably the guy that comes up to you at the range and just randomly hovers and starts talking to you while you’re shooting and then rambles on about how last week he shot a fly on the steel plate at 2,100yds with his .223 that his navy seal friend carried in AFG.

Reactions: 308pirate