• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Flat triggers...

Re: Flat triggers...

I like mine. It's the SD-E version. Feels more precise, whether it is or not.

I use the SD-E in my PWS MK214 as well as in my 20" White Oak DI gun. Both triggers are amazingly crisp... with a very nice first stage. I like the flat trigger shoe, because it allows me to to get a nice reference point, at the lower half of the trigger for the best possible mechanical advantage.

The first stage is soft, but noticeable... allowing you to "stage" the trigger, getting your alignment and breath under control, and then you can break the shot cleanly. I like the reset on it as well... because it resets "past" the first / second stage, allowing me to feel a wee bit of slack again.

They take a few rounds to get used to... but, the more you use them, the more you will LOVE them.

Two stage triggers are not everyone's cup of tea. I happen to like them, for my style of shooting. I run SSA triggers in all of my carbines, and the SD-E in my precision rigs.

Now that I have been shooting GA triggers, I just can't get on with anything else. The flat trigger shoe is designed to provide a very nice finger purchase, and give maximum mechanical advantage because you can reference your trigger finger lower on the shoe...

I think you will find that they are very pleasant to use... give it a try. You will not be disappointed.

Cheers,

DMack

I'll be trying one as soon as I'm able to get behind a rifle again. Just received a McCormick single stage with a flat shoe. I installed it yesterday and from what I can gather with my currently awkward weapon handling, I like it.

I am shooting a SD-E and at first it felt odd to the other curved triggers but I have come to like it. I have one on my Noveske SBR and love it.

I'm eyeing Geissele's SD-E for my AR-10 build. How apparent are the changes in trigger pull weight as you slide your finger down the trigger and increase the mechanical advantage?

I just got the SDE for my AR-10. I wasn't sure how I would like it but I am a big fan after about 200 rounds. I tend to use the bottom of triggers and the flat trigger works perfect, just feels more natural than a curved. I'll probably end up getting one for my AR-15 next. A flat trigger for my bolts would be tits too.

i put the geissele SD3G flat single-stage trigger with the funky reset in my 3gun AR15 and knight and i used it in the summer mammoth sniper challenge. i prefer 2-stage triggers for precision (though knight likes single-stage) but either way works.

i don't have enough time on it to say how much i like the "flat" part.

the xtreme trigger I'm running on my bolt gun has a reversable shoe so it can be curved or flat and I'm still running it on the curved side. been thinking about trying the flat side

I run flat triggers on my USPSA comp guns and like them alot. Reason we are doing it is you may not "get" the gun the same exact way on the draw every time, so finger placement on the trigger face isn't as critical as opposed to a curved face. On a rifle, I don't know that I would see an advantage or disadvantage to one.

Semi-curved, or semi-flat, however you want to consider it. I use a Timney AR10, and try to stay away from 2-stage in anything but bolt, and like a lightly breaking 2nd stage at that. Single-stage I'd use for hunting, were I a hunter.

my thoughts and time as well as a ton of others on the SD triggers can be found in a thread on another site...
SD-C/E/3G

Hello! I have a Chip McCormick single stage on my Varmint Ar and like it alot. It has a factory set 3# pull. I like it bettewr than curved.

I have the enhanced 3 gun that midway sells. Absolutely love it. breaks at 3lbs with a very short reset.