• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Flatlineops Recon level....okay to mount right up against a DNZ Game Reaper mount?

raisins

Private
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2023
West Virginia
Hi,

I have a DNZ Game Reaper mount. The only space up front for the Flatlinelineops Recon scope bubble level is between the turret and the front ring. I don't want it between the turret and eyepiece (back of scope) because it will be harder to check with my left eye (rightie).

I mounted the bubble level touching the back of the front DNZ ring (no daylight but just lightly butted up), so that it looks a little cleaner and also I have the best chance of being to focus on it during the shot.

I couldn't get a torque wrench in there (and no torque specs are given by Flatlineops)....so I just used my feel to go "minimum torque that will still hold the thing rom moving" (felt about like 15 inch lbs) and also cleaned everything (bolts threads and inside of level and scope tube) with 91% isopropyl before starting.

Does anyone foresee an issue of having the scope ring and level touching? (like crude or water trapped or flex causing the two things to rub/bind under recoil and affect zero or something...caliber is 6.5 CM)

Thanks - R

Last edited: