• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Jedi

Team AndiCapp
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2003
Mountains
How do you determine if its action or stock flexing???

Using thumb pressure i can push stock fore end on to barrel, but how do i know if its stock or action that is deflecting under pressure

How do ya fix issue?

Manners T4 stock
Stiller TAC30, Bartlein 28" MTU 6.5x47 barrel

Re: Flex???

every stock will have some flex, you are worried about nothing. If it makes you feel better you can enlargen the barrel channel to give you more clearance

Oh, and its more likley that is a combination of stock and barrel flex than the action.

Barrel and stock flex / whip only become an issue if they touch during the process. Generaly noted by erratic groups and discovered by a shiny spot on the barrel or the bedding.

The above is for bipod and bag guns.

If you are a hard holder and sling in hard you may find erratic groups. This comes from tourqing the stock with the sling. Get a bud to run a dollar bill up and down the barrel channel while you are slung in HARD. If it hits or gets hung up you need to releive the channel.

If the above works out and you are not in contact between the barrel and the stock congatulate yourself on good hand strength and QUIT SQUEEZING THE GUN. It probably won't hurt it but it doggone sure wont help either.

Cheers,

Doc

As always Tom Manners has already stepped up to resolve issue, outstanding guy and product

Thnx for input guys

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Karl2U</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As always Tom Manners has already stepped up to resolve issue, outstanding guy and product

Thnx for input guys </div></div>

Please elaborate...

Tom
wants to open up barrel channel to allow for carbon fiber sheets to be molded into channel

Thou stock flexs as stated i need to ck it during firing via playdoh post between barrel and stock and ck for compression after shot