• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Flier 6.5 Cm Hornady 147 ELDM

Recoil shoulder

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 7, 2020
I can’t seem to get good groups from my 147 Hornady ELDM’s. Getting a flyer 20% of the time while having decent ES/SD’s. I have been playing with seating depth but can’t get a consistent 5 shot group without one flyer. Never had this issue with 140’s or with any other rifle. I’ve checked rings, scope, torque on all screws and I’m about to go insane.

is the flyer in the same order each shot string? did ya load long and drag the tips in the mag?

Since I was having issues with this bullet, I was super cautious with my CBTO or seating depth. The flyers are consistently lower than the group. And no it’s not always the third shot, or anything like that. I even switched to
Some old loads I had of Lapua 139 and they shot with no issues.

Reactions: Pbgt
I shoot a ton of 147 hornady, I have weighed hundreds of just the bullets, see alot of variance. Hornady brass is inconsistent as well. interesting to see what ya find.