• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fliers after adding can

mbeavers1

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 27, 2019
Montgomery, TX
Hi,

I dabble in the 22 world and had the chance to grab a TBAC 22 Takedown. My rifle is a Bergara B14r. The gun hammered with SK LR Match but now after adding the can its acting up a bit.

I went to rezero and it would put 2-3 in the same hole at 50yds then the next would be like 1" out. Has anyone else seen this and what should I check?

Heres all I can think of:

1) Retry with different
2) Retry without can
3) tuner

Expect a can to change the harmonics of the barrel with a resulting POI shift.
Depending on the tolerance stack-up of the barrel/can threads you may be experiencing tiny contacts on carbon/lead build up (which will happen fast with rimfire).
Rimfires are already picky and adding extra variables just makes your search for accuracy more involved.

Expect a can to change the harmonics of the barrel with a resulting POI shift.
Depending on the tolerance stack-up of the barrel/can threads you may be experiencing tiny contacts on carbon/lead build up (which will happen fast with rimfire).
Rimfires are already picky and adding extra variables just makes your search for accuracy more involved.
Yea, I expected the POI shift but not the fliers but guess I should 😒

You need to make sure you aren’t getting a baffle strike. Expect POi shift, but fliers is an indication of something else. The shift should be consistent and predictable

I've kind of lost interest in shooting any of my precision 22s with a suppressor because of the negative effects they have on accuracy. I do my own bbl work, and have really obsessed with dialing in the bore at the muzzle when threading for a can, so there's little to no chance of suppressor runout being the cause.

A friend did loan me his ATS tuner to try on one of my Vudoo repeaters, which is the only one of nine precision rifles that's wearing a bbl fitted by anyone else (bought it as a bbl'd action direct from VGW). When I shot this V22/Bartlein without the ATS, but with a TBAC 22TD, the groups opened noticeably & consistently, but after attaching the ATS and the 22TD, and doing some minimal tuning with the ATS, the groups were noticeably smaller. So, if I was really wanting to shoot suppressed in matches, I'd go ahead and blow another $200 to deal with accuracy issues. But honestly, as much as I occasionally enjoy playing with a suppressor on a couple of CZ457s with Shilen barrels, I don't bother to put one on the V22s very often any more. I didn't even bother to thread the last couple of barrels I did for a VGW 360 & Zermatt Rim-X.

I've kind of lost interest in shooting any of my precision 22s with a suppressor because of the negative effects they have on accuracy. I do my own bbl work, and have really obsessed with dialing in the bore at the muzzle when threading for a can, so there's little to no chance of suppressor runout being the cause.

A friend did loan me his ATS tuner to try on one of my Vudoo repeaters, which is the only one of nine precision rifles that's wearing a bbl fitted by anyone else (bought it as a bbl'd action direct from VGW). When I shot this V22/Bartlein without the ATS, but with a TBAC 22TD, the groups opened noticeably & consistently, but after attaching the ATS and the 22TD, and doing some minimal tuning with the ATS, the groups were noticeably smaller. So, if I was really wanting to shoot suppressed in matches, I'd go ahead and blow another $200 to deal with accuracy issues. But honestly, as much as I occasionally enjoy playing with a suppressor on a couple of CZ457s with Shilen barrels, I don't bother to put one on the V22s very often any more. I didn't even bother to thread the last couple of barrels I did for a VGW 360 & Zermatt Rim-X.
So...im agreeing. I took it off then cleaned my barrel. FILTHY! Fouled in and its grouping great again.