• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Flip Caps for Spotters?

Schaaf

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 25, 2014
Fort Peck, MT
Is anyone making a Flip Cap for Spotting Scope objectives? I can make one work for the eyepiece but haven’t found anything big enough for the objective. I’m really not wanting a full case and the covers the manufacturer sends are trash.

I asked Jon Aadland about making some a few years ago and he blew me off.....

Haven't found one. But I did find a camera lens cap that fits my Leupold spotter perfectly. Took some trial and error till I found the one.

Reactions: smoothy8500
For the Leupold spotter you can get the Badger cat eye flip cover, but they're pretty expensive and you have to have their SLICK rail system to mount it on

Surely unorthodox, but also surely effective. Uhhuh, a rubber ball inside the sunshade worked for years for me in a 56mm obj. riflescope. If you have an extension that you can leave out--creating the necessary space for half the ball--it can be left on. Otherwise just use when the sunshade is out. Also there's a few stretch silicone food container covers that can work on some spotters because they have generally more clearance while in operation. Caution advised as they're chic magnets, being pretty and all, and maybe your friends may see you differently than prior to... See attached.

Attachments

• IMG_4890.JPG
    IMG_4890.JPG
    223.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_7215.JPG
    IMG_7215.JPG
    318.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_7216.JPG
    IMG_7216.JPG
    246.7 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: MCHOG
I think I’m gonna give this a try

Reactions: MCHOG
Wow!! Those Kuvrd caps look really great- will fit many sizes, stay on, etc. I'm going to have to try those sometime.