• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Flip up ARDs...

Skg_Mre_Lght

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Dec 14, 2010
    WY, USA
    I have looked for a while, but have relegated myself to the fact that I may have to Bubba an ARD to a Butler creek flip up.

I use ARDs to shoot coyotes on the in-law's ranch, but it takes too much movement to unscrew the thing from the objective close to dark.

Has anyone heard of such as beast as a flip up ARD? I have used sun shades, but have run into the same dilemma.

Thanks,

Seeking More Light.

Re: Flip up ARDs...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">try using a nylon footie instead.......oh......and a rubber band of you color choice </div></div>

Have already tried that, and not really what I am looking for.

I guess I am gonna have to bubba one.

I know Aimpoint makes them for their red dots. I haven't been able to find any for rifle scope. Here's what Aimpoint's looks like and its a two stage that allows you to flip the ARD and cap.

115579.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoredEngineer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know Aimpoint makes them for their red dots. I haven't been able to find any for rifle scope. Here's what Aimpoint's looks like and its a two stage that allows you to flip the ARD and cap.

115579.jpg
    </div></div>

The Aimpoint flip up ARD is what got me thinking about it.

The reason I would like this set up is that coyotes are really spooky after they have been educated and little things like movement and glint off of an objective lens will make them drop a gear.

All of the solutions that exist work really well, until that last bit of shooting light, and I have had a curious dog spook more than once while I am trying to prepare for low light shooting.

I think I am gonna screw up a couple of pair of Butler Creeks and try to make one.

I'll post pics when I get around to it, so everyone can marvel at my fabrication skills.
    grin.gif