• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Flip up scope covers

Nooch13

In Hoc Signo Vinces
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2017
Ocala, FL
Im looking for butler creek or similar flip up scope covers for a sig tango 6 5-30x56 gen 2 scope. Any input? I'd measure, but the scope won't be here until Friday...

tenebraex flip covers, bomb proof, pricey but I will never buy another set of butler creek shite again, constantly breaking.

Sounds good. Any input on sizing? And yeah, I've broken quite a few butler creeks myself...

Yep, Tenebraex or AADMount. I have both, both have their merits. I have had some really, a lot of emphasis on the "really", well used, possibly abused, Tenebraex caps rotate down obstructing my bolt manipulation during recoil. AAD Mount caps are a little stiff to close, and it takes some force to fully close. My only gripes on both caps, which I think are insignificant in comparison, but still need to be mentioned.

I have Defender, Aadmount, and Tenebraex. I didn't like the Aadmounts very much at first because they were ridiculously hard to close, but after using them a while they break-in. They also open easier because they have the push-button eyepiece opener like a BC, and neither of the others do. I think they are my favorites now. Either of the others are OK, but the Defenders cost a lot less. If they make one to fit your scope and you're on a budget they're a good choice (MUCH better than BC). If you can afford them I'd get the Aadmounts. Mine were out of stock when I ordered. I asked how long and they said they'd make them and have to me within two weeks. It was actually less than that. If they're back-ordered, call or email and ask, they'll probably fix you up.

Check out the Vortex Defenders sizing chart. I have them on a couple of Bushnell LRHS and LRSTi and my son has them on a Burris XTRII. They have a lifetime warranty and have been very durable so far.

Tried all the above mentioned except for the defenders.

Depends how much you want to spend on scope caps. I Still really like the old Butler Creeks. They do the job of protecting the scope lenses and they're easy to open/close and very quiet to operate. Good seal around the scope body that makes them nearly waterproof especially with a little added electrical tape.

Yes the hinges can break... but they're less than $10 to replace.

Aadmounts are great, and they stand behind their products. I managed to break one of their scope caps while running some barricades, and had a new scope cap in the mail the following day. Needless to say, all my scopes wear these scope caps now.

It's also worth mentioning that these scope caps flip flat, and have a pretty low profile, so the chance of them getting snagged on objects is reduced. Great design.

I'm pretty happy with the vortex defenders, they flip all the way back & are only around $40 bucks or so per set. I have them on two scopes & they have held up well & see a lot of use.

I like both Aadmount and Tenabraex. Aadmounts are stouter, but with Tenabraex, you can rotate the ocular cap without screwing up the pre-existing reticle focus. All things considered, I would probably go with Aadmount again, due to the fact that once I have my ocular focus and caps set, I don't move them. Either one is good though.

smaller size Butler creek work OK, but the there ( 56mm Obj. covers ) really suck bad, they never stay closed and are to flimsy and poor design for there size . The Vortex caps is a big step-up .

My vote goes with the vortex defender caps. Less $ and I've been using them since they were released and haven't broke them yet.