• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Flir hiss and other assorted night time goon goodies

Bravo6niner

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2017
High Plains
Ran across this stuff on Gunbroker last night. NR user, the quantity of items, and the items themselves kinda throw up red flags but there is a AMS group company in Alexandra, Virginia??

A guy could put together quite the NV/Thermal starter kit.

Attachments

• B46714DD-E37D-4E9A-A527-C9831BD5086F.jpeg
    B46714DD-E37D-4E9A-A527-C9831BD5086F.jpeg
    260.5 KB · Views: 199
  • 281A636C-F739-4760-AC2B-2729EDE02C71.jpeg
    281A636C-F739-4760-AC2B-2729EDE02C71.jpeg
    336.3 KB · Views: 191
Reactions: EWS6
If you see a new HISS for under $70K, it’s a scam.

Interestingly, those prices are about right. I don’t know what a Recon V UL goes for.

Gonna have to check the dood out.

Reactions: Bulletsmith
@TheHorta It definitely seemed fishy. So I reached to a contact at Flir. He says the guy is actually 100% legit. Everything has full flir warranty also. In light of this, I'm guessing if you reach out direct you can save a good chunk of change getting around the GB fee's (assuming the seller would do that).

The one on GB is outdated junk, they now have an HD version.

Reactions: TheHebrewHammer
The one on GB is outdated junk, they now have an HD version.

Junk you say…. 🤣

For those that have used both, how does the HISS XLR compare to the INOD type devices when it comes to image quality and features/useability?
Hey Brother long time!

Used the HISS for many years. The best I've ever used and the closest to I2 PID at ungodly ranges. PM or email me if need be. Either way good to see your type!

The HISS-HD is a HOT-MWIR system so it would be interesting to compare its performance to the XLR. The supposed videos from the HD unit in their promo vid honestly don’t look as good as the few screenshots I’ve seen from the XLR.

Reactions: rlsmith1
Really curious to hear this info as well. I have the ELR mod2 which is awesome for what it is. I love it. However, the concept of seeing trace makes me want to sell 1/2 my safe and grab a HISS or INOD. Obviously, we all know they're insanely limited for footage online .....by design. The new HD footage looks good, just from the limited footage I've seen on the HISS HD I certainly would still consider it to be a major, major, major upgrade from my current EO TECH ELR. You can certainly see trace in the new HD video from him ranging in shots from .308 to 50 cal back down to .556. That being said I'd love to hear the tradeoffs/clarity/usability comparisons from anyone who's actually put trigger time behind the HISS and INOD.

I don't believe the HISS HD was built to compete with the same long range capability as the HISS XLR but is substantially smaller and more practical in nature? Still claims 2200 meters for the HD so not like it's a huge reduction but just curious to hear any thoughts....thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Reactions: rlsmith1 and BurtG
don't believe the HISS HD was built to compete with the same long range capability as the HISS XLR but is substantially smaller and more practical in nature?
Is it though. ? Smaller ?

Thought it was a 1080 or whatever but a wide fov.

So still almost as good LR performance.

Is it though. ? Smaller ?

Thought it was a 1080 or whatever but a wide fov.

So still almost as good LR performance.
Possibly not? I've only spoken with one person who held it at Shot Show, the size comment was their feedback, so I'm as rookie as it comes on the topic of the HISS, HISS HD and INOD. That's why I'm so interested to hear from others. I'm mainly looking to buy either the HISS (not the HD as I don't think there's any shot of being able to get one as a civilian for the grand foreseeable future) or INOD and would love some feedback between the two.

I do have confirmation the long range capability isn't quite on par with the HISS, but again without a point of reference who knows what that means?!?

Reactions: BurtG
Possibly not? I've only spoken with one person who held it at Shot Show, the size comment was their feedback, so I'm as rookie as it comes on the topic of the HISS, HISS HD and INOD. That's why I'm so interested to hear from others. I'm mainly looking to buy either the HISS (not the HD as I don't think there's any shot of being able to get one as a civilian for the grand foreseeable future) or INOD and would love some feedback between the two.

I do have confirmation the long range capability isn't quite on par with the HISS, but again without a point of reference who knows what that means?!?
Even still, I sent three more people to the booth to check it out (all 3 civilians) and the booth attendees wouldn't let them hold it, take a picture of it, even look at it. They were asked to leave. Freaking blew my mind when they released a video with actual footage not long after that!

• Angry
Reactions: BurtG