• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision FLIR Introduces The New T-70 Now Available Through TNVC

Eric-TNVC

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2013
SOUTH
www.tnvc.com
TNVCsl_2339.jpg

The FLIR T70 Advanced Combat Thermal Sight – Short Range (ACTS-SR) is an uncooled thermal clip-on weapon sight with a low, in-line opto-mechanical profile suitable for modern weaponry with flip-down or removable front sight posts. The low profile compliments current Rifle Combat Optics (RCO’s) and minimizes height above the rail. The ACTS-SR provides scene clarity and allows the use of false color to enable rapid target acquisition and firing solutions using a high density, color Organic Light Emitting Display (OLED).

The ACTS-SR has been specifically designed and optimized for weapons utilizing the NATO 5.56x45mm and 7.62x51mm rounds with an approximate 500 meter range. The size and weight make it ideal for tactical small arms such as the FN SCAR-MK16/17, M4/M16, SR25, and other 5.56/7.62 platforms. The default Field of View (1x) enables center of mass hits at 500 meters. A 1.5x or wide Field of View mode allows the operator to display a wide area of regard for situational awareness or simply scanning for potential threats.

The ACTS-SR converts the operation of day scopes to thermal imaging, extending the useful period operation from daylight into nighttime. By mounting the ACTS-SR directly in front of the day scope, the operator can view the same scene with the ability to sense infrared energy (heat) in all lighting conditions. The ACTS-SR can also be used as a stand alone weapon sight and handheld thermal viewer.

T70_ab.jpg

The ACTS-SR is powered by the three AA batteries or two CR123 batteries. Battery life is approximately 5 hours at 20 degrees C with three lithium AA batteries and 4 hours at 20 degrees C with two CR123 batteries. The batteries can be removed and replaced in the field without removing the ACTS-SR from the weapon system.

T70_tr.jpg

The FLIR T70 was developed for SOCOM for use with short range magnified optics such as the Trijicon ACOG and Elcan Specter-DR. It is optimized to provide the best image when paired with 4x magnification, but can be used with scopes up to 5-6x without much loss of image fidelity due to its native 640×512 sensor. This high resolution sensor provides incredibly crisp detail and shading for rich images and easier target identification.

TNVCsl_2340.jpg

The FLIR T70 features the standard white hot/black hot polarity modes. But, it also has the ability to show images in full color using several palette options.

Gray (Grayscale) Palette provides maximum contrast on targets against a uniform background using black and white shades.

Iron Palette provides a color scale that goes from dark red through yellow to white to represent increasing temperatures.

Rain (Rainbow) Palette uses all the colors of the rainbow from red through green, blue, and yellow to violet to represent increasing temperatures.

Ice (Fire & Ice) Palette displays blue for cold targets and red for hot targets.

Another useful feature of the T70 is the remote cable control. This allows the operator to set up the joystick controls elsewhere on the weapon for easier access without breaking the firing grip/position. If you are looking for the ultimate thermal clip-on sight for short range optics, look no further.

Manufacturer:FLIR

Dimensions:6.8”(L) x 2.8”(W) x 3.5”(H)

Weight:1.5 lbs.

Finish:Flat Dark Earth

Power:Three (3) AA Batteries or Two (2) CR123 Batteries

Battery Life:Approx. 5 Hours (AA), 4 Hours (CR123)

Waterproof:IP 68 (20 ft. freshwater, 6 hr; 66 ft seawater, 2 hrs)

Operating temp:-40°F to +120°F

Storage temp:-40°F to +160°F

Shock and vibe:per MIL-STD-810F

EMI:per MIL-STD-461E

Warranty:1 Year Warranty

THERMAL SPEC:

————————————————————

Sensor: Vanadium Oxide, Uncooled Microbolometer

Detector:640 x 512

Sensitivity:<50mK

Spectral:7.5 to 13.5 µm

Start-Up:<1.5 sec. from Standby

FOV:9.4° x 7.5°

Focus:Manual

Zoom:1X, 2X, and 0.5X. LR: Native FOV compliments standard RCOs. Three zoom capabilities, 1X, 2X, and 4X, for long range ID and engagement

Frame Rate:30 Hz

Polarity:White Hot/Black Hot

Palette:Gray, Iron, Rain, Ice

Video:RS-170 external video out (NTSC or PAL)

Optimized for Use With:

SU-230/PVS Articulated Telescope, SU-231/PEQ Reflex Sight, ECOS-C 4x Day Optical Scope, Close Combat Optic M68, Enhanced Combat Optical Sight Navy (ECOS-N), LA-5/PEQ Integrated Small Arms Laser Illuminator, AN/PEQ-2 Infrared Target Pointer/Illuminator/Aiming Laser, SU-230A/PVS Articulated Telescope

T70_k.jpg

INCLUDES:T70 with adjustable quick detach throw lever mount, coupling lightshroud /eye relief, video output cable, remote control pad, batteries, operators manual, graphic training aid, lens cleaning kit, and soft carrying case

$14,900.00
Units are also available in Black or FDE. We should have ours in about 14 days. FLIR T70 Advanced Combat Thermal Sight ? Short Range ? Tactical Night Vision Company

Last edited:
Hmm. This gets announced the same day I hear Im getting a promotion.. Coincidence? For the sake of my bank account I hope so but....

Very nice I just got one last week.. One question reguarding the video output cable. Does it have a specific name? I am unfamiliar
with the dvr units. Is there an adapter cable that connects the rather large cable end to the dvr itself? By any chance does anyone know of any reputable brands that come with all needed hardware.. I don't mean to sound ignorant but everybody at best buy had never seen the t70 video output cable output before with the large end on it.

You may have better luck at Radio Shack if you do not know what you are doing with this, the hookup to the unit end is a mil-spec video adapter that you do not have to worry about, just plug it into the unit.

The other end is a BNC female connector, you need to get a BNC female to RCA Female adapter to attache to the end of the FLIR supplied video cable.

Amazon.com : BNC Female Jack to RCA Male Plug Adapters Pack of 10 : Electronics

That will leave you with a male RCA end to which you can attach whatever RCA cable your mini portable DVR recorder uses....

As far as DVR recorders, there are many on the market, I have three different ones.

You will need one that is certified to record NTSC 30 frames per second and has a resolution preferably at least 760X480 or higher for decent recording of the videos created, AVI video format is preferred as it results in no loss of the video ouput for highest quality recording and use with your video editing software on your PC.

There are numerous different way to go with this....

This is the best miniDVR that I have, it is the ONLY heavy duty waterproof recorder system that I am aware of, once you get the BNC female jack adapter to RCA male plug adapter I linked to above, this DVR has the best resolution and all the cables you will need to record your T-70 video output.

Waterproof DVR Micro Digital Video Recorder | SPI Infrared

There are a myraid of cheaper units available that will work, but most are Mickey Mouse quality, this one is the real thing....

I had the DVR all ready to go when these hogs showed up this weekend prior to me having enough time to hook everything up, as you can see, I have Velcro on top of the FLIR T-70 onto which I attach the mini DVR recorder for ease of operation when out in woods on hunts....as you can see, both one shot to the head.

Head%20Shot1.jpg

Head%20Shot3.jpg

Last edited:
This is the best miniDVR that I have, it is the ONLY heavy duty waterproof recorder system that I am aware of, once you get the BNC female jack adapter to RCA male plug adapter I linked to above, this DVR has the best resolution and all the cables you will need to record your T-70 video output.

Waterproof DVR Micro Digital Video Recorder | SPI Infrared

There are a myraid of cheaper units available that will work, but most are Mickey Mouse quality, this one is the real thing....

I had the DVR all ready to go when these hogs showed up this weekend prior to me having enough time to hook everything up, as you can see, I have Velcro on top of the FLIR T-70 onto which I attach the mini DVR recorder for ease of operation when out in woods on hunts....as you can see, both one shot to the head.

Head%20Shot1.jpg

Head%20Shot3.jpg
Nice shooting skypup.