• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Flir Pts 536 Equivalent

northern50

Null User
Minuteman
Mar 22, 2006
WI
Well, with flir discontinuing to us normal folk. What would be an equivalent scope by another manufacturer, pulsar, atn, etc? Looking at a trail xp50 but I haven’t had one hands on. I liked the 536 I used..

Thanks!

Research the Trail XP50... they are being discontinued (except the LRF version for the time being) as they are plagued with unfixable problems. Won't hold zero due to thermal shifts and the internal housing cracks allowing movement... my unit suffered BOTH problems.

Visit Predator Masters Forum and other sites including the Pulsar Night Hunting Group (or what ever it's called) on FaceBook.

I returned mine twice, my hunting partner is having the same problems, as are MANY other Trail owners. Apparently the Thermion is doing no better. I am the only person I know of that got a full refund, I moved on to a Trijicon.

Hate to bash Pulsar but they really should not be selling these units knowing these CHRONIC problems exist. Same with Sellmark, the Texas based company that sells Pulsar here in the USA. Sellmark/Pulsar's customer service is perhaps THE BEST in the business as they have not denied the problems AND they will gladly ship you a replacement unit... problem is... the replacement unit will exhibit the same failures, some guys are on their third unit.

Reactions: northern50
Thanks, hate to hear that. Was hoping they would get they sh^t together so their would be a decent mid priced scope out there with an aluminum housing.