• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision FLIR's 12um Boson Core Thermals, Updates and Reviews. New PTS233, 536, 736, PTQ 136 BREACH ARRIVES!

Victor-TNVC

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Aug 5, 2007
    USA
    www.tnvc.com
    Traveled to FLIR for a relaxing meeting and enjoyed some good Cuban cigars along with playing with the new line of 12um Boson goodies. Hands down the best 320 I've seen to date! At first look, it was hard to believe this was a 320 system. Took some quick pics and vids. Game changer for sure. More to come with pics and vids stay tuned...

19mm. FLIR has really cracked the code with their 320 12um Boson, I sincerely thought I was looking through a 640 system.

Very impressive... resolution looks great, and I see no lag

Thanks for posting! If these things sell for at or under $2k and have an image like this, I think they will bust the market.

What DVR did you use to capture these videos?

Hey Wig, all internal recording. Pretty impressive even though the real image looked better than this real time due to video loss, etc. with transfers. 1280 display as well.

Q14B%20320%209mm_zpsgckme8tt.jpg

Damn that's clear. Do you know if it's gonna be the same system that runs in that 30 hz thermosight weapon unit? I think that's just a tad over $2k when it comes out

Damn that's clear. Do you know if it's gonna be the same system that runs in that 30 hz thermosight weapon unit? I think that's just a tad over $2k when it comes out

Any of the new FLIR units that advertise the new 12um Boson will look like this clarity wise.

19mm with the 320 12um
    320%2019mm%201_zpslmllu9vu.jpeg

Last edited:
    Note, to mindreader ... there could be 2 flavors of "weapon sight" depending on your definition ... a thermal with a usable reticle is a weapon site, like the Q-14 Mod 0 ... but it was not a clip on (weapon site) by design, that role was left to the "Mini".

The Q-14B seems to be of the original Q-14 flavor and appears to have a reticle (per above screen shots), so I expect it to be a "weapons sight" but not a clip on.

==
    My questions for Vic are
    01 - What data do you have on availability?
    02 - What data do you have on pricing?
    :)

Hey Wig. I learned a long time ago not to attempt to give release dates from a OEM. I know they are pretty close though unless engineering squeezes more performance out of the core which has been the main delay since Shot. In this case, so glad they've waited release to optimize the software.

Still in the 2K range.

The pic/s of a reticle are actually from dedicated weapon scopes I tested using the new 12um 320 Boson in 19mm, 50mm, and 75mm I will show more pics of. The Q14B is strictly a hand held or helmet worn monocular.

Reactions: jbonifa
    So how would you get this on a helmet mount where you have a PVS14 over your left eye, and this over your right, but with the ability to flip both up individually if needed? I don't want/need to use thermal/NV at the same time as it just doesn't work that way, but would like the option while stopped or static, to flip the thermal down and have a look around, and then flip it back up out of the way.

The pic/s of a reticle are actually from dedicated weapon scopes I tested using the new 12um 320 Boson in 19mm, 50mm, and 75mm I will show more pics of. The Q14B is strictly a hand held or helmet worn monocular.

Vic,
    So does the Q14B have an adjustable reticle or not?

<<So how would you get this on a helmet mount where you have a PVS14 over your left eye, and this over your right, but with the ability to flip both up individually if needed?>>

With a dual bridge that can support a PVS-14 form factor device beside a MUM-14 form factor device. It can be done. If you want more details, PM me or ask in my practicing thread, don't want to hijack Vic's product announcement thread. :)

<<The pic/s of a reticle are actually from dedicated weapon scopes I tested using the new 12um 320 Boson in 19mm, 50mm, and 75mm>>

So what about these "dedicated weapon scopes" ?

Any pics of these?

Is the 19mm a 1x ?

Hi Wig. Could not take pics of the dedicated stuff just yet. The native magnifications are not final just yet.

Also feel free to talk what dual mounts you wanted to recommend, you will not hijack, all good. Thanks

Vic

The picture is nice for close distance,
    But for 100 meters you can't identify so well the targets.

PTS-282814.jpg

The new 19mm about to hit the streets. https://tnvc.com/shop/flir-thermosight-pro-pts233/ For the price, it's been highly impressive as I've worked with the unit now for over 2 months since I took the pics earlier in this thread. Due to NDA's I could not talk specifically about the new TWS, but here it is!

Our sister company NightGoggles and Tom our Director being the heavy Yote slayer has taken some great vids of the unit. Enjoy the vids. Units should be on our shelves in 2 weeks or so.

Zero interest.

So what about the monocle that we've been talking about for months now, before they randomly decided to release this thing? Is the only change to it that its no longer weapon mounted (surprise, surprise now theres a separate weapon mounted version) or is it no longer helmet mountable either?

The Q14B is still being released according to FLIR that will be easily helmet mounted and hand held. They are saying (don't shoot the messenger, ;-) end of September.

Would be interesting to see this run in a side by side comparison against their Zeus. Price point is nice, but how well it stands up in a non-front yard setting. Take it out on a zero illumination night with real time less than favorable humidity conditions. If your on the fence playing with the idea of getting your first thermal. You better do your homework.

res looks good nice light unit dont like the fixed focus price is right

We received our first shipments of the new FLIR PTS233 with the new 12um Boson core. With a pre-order customers permission, I took a few snap shots. Pics were taken on a full sun area at 90deg F. The pics do not come close to the actual view through new system. Great accessories include a hard case, USB cable for downloading pics to your PC (which was SUPER easy), an extra battery tray,. an excellent 27 page manual and quick users guide.

The images still look great from when I first reviewed the unit back in April of this year.

PTS233__2_-345669.jpg

PT233_Prod_Pic_1-345722.jpg

PT233_Prod_Pic_4-345725.jpg

PT233_Prod_Pic_3-345724.jpg

Just received mine today! Played with it for a short time in the parking garage and am pretty excited. First thermal purchased and so far, I am glad I settled on this one. Time will tell. Hopeful to have a chance to use in two weeks. Ill try to take some video and stills and upload, if someone doesn’t beat me to it.

Also worth posting this again from my visit to FLIR earlier this year from (pg.1). Due to NDA's I could not talk what this "19mm" exactly was at that time, but it was the PTS233 I can openly state since the release.

Picked one of these up, pretty simplistic, I like the controls, has an easy to follow menu/instructions. Pretty good bang for the buck. It's my first personal thermal, played with some 13's while in the army. I like it so far and will be testing it next week out in the PNW.

On the New monocular . Is there a release date yet ? .Or there anyone yet with getting some eyeball time behind one for a review .?

Any idea when the 640 core versions will be hitting the shelves?

Vic,

I'm wondering the same thing. I saw your note that they would not be released until 2018 but hoping you might get your hands on one for review prior to that. What I'm curious about is how it stacks up against the IR Hunter. And since I just sent my brother-in-law to you for the 320 I have to get a 640, be it the PTS223 or IR Hunter.

On the New monocular . Is there a release date yet ? .Or there anyone yet with getting some eyeball time behind one for a review .?

Sorry for the delay in responding, been OCONUS. At the beginning of this thread I did work with the Q14B BREACH with the 320 Rez I'm really looking forward to which I'm told is still due out this year. It's gonna be a great unit for the LE tool box along with commercial users.

I hope to also peek at the 640 12um very soon to see how it will stack up against the Trijicon 12um BAE cores.

Last edited:
    Just received this from FLIR.

Dear valued customer:
    We would like to notify you that the FLIR ThermoSight PRO PTS233 displays an image that
    renders at 60Hz, as opposed to the originally stated 30Hz. The recorded files from the unit
    still output at 30Hz.

As a result, note that FLIR’s product description for this unit will change as follows:
    To: FLIR ThermoSight PRO PTS233 1.5-6x19 (60Hz)
    There will be no change in Part # or UPC.

Happy New Year to everyone.