• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Florida Doctor Accused of Sexually Assaulting Patients During Cosmetic Surgery Found Dead in Ditch

PatMiles

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2017

Eric Andrew Salata

A Naples, Florida, doctor accused of sexually assaulting patients while performing cosmetic surgery was found dead in a ditch with a gunshot wound to the head Monday.
Eric Andrew Salata’s, 54, death was confirmed by a Collier County medical examiner to have been self-inflicted, Fox 4 reported.
Collier County Sheriff’s Office deputies were called to the area of the 4800 block of Gail Boulevard to perform a welfare check on Salata after no movement was detected on his ankle monitor Monday, WINK News reported. Upon arrival, they discovered Salata’s body near a wooded area with a pistol next to his right leg.
A week earlier, Salata was arrested on November 21 at his office at the Pura Vida Medical Spa after two patients accused him of having sexually battered them while performing cosmetic medical treatments.
According to the Naples Police Department:
One victim advised being administered nitrous oxide to assist with sedation and pain from the procedure. During the procedure, as the nitrous oxide was wearing off, she found Dr. Salata performing sexual intercourse. The victim felt shocked after the sedation subsided about what had taken place, contacted police, and submitted to a sexual assault examination which was sent to the FDLE laboratory for the continuing investigation.
A second victim came forward and relayed to police a similar account about her experience while under sedation at Pura Vida Medical Spa with Dr. Salata. Detectives collected sexual assault evidence, which was also submitted to the FDLE laboratory for comparison and to support a prosecution of Dr. Salata.
A judge set Salata’s bond at $100,000 on Tuesday, but the doctor paid cash bail immediately and was bonded out the same day, according to the Naples Daily News.
A lawyer representing one of Salata’s accusers says that it will turn from a criminal case to a civil one, as they intend to file a suit against the deceased doctor’s estate and business.

Buh bye!!

My fellow pit dwellers. I fell down a rabbit hole on one website, I wish I had links, at any rate it’s in South America Brazil specifically, it was posted by a Brazilian citizen talking about the culture. They had a saying in Portuguese, that “if you pass out you don’t own your asshole” they talked about the huge problem with Brazilian doctors and surgeons doing exactly what this guy did. It even started hundreds of years ago, it was more like a drunken tradition that when They had a huge get together somebody drunk and passed out, anything was “fair game” Because the victim would never know. The story had some traction because they had doctors down there on video abusing patients while under during surgery. It was quite the wild ride.

Jesus can not return fast enough.

My fellow pit dwellers. I fell down a rabbit hole on one website, I wish I had links, at any rate it’s in South America Brazil specifically, it was posted by a Brazilian citizen talking about the culture. They had a saying in Portuguese, that “if you pass out you don’t own your asshole” they talked about the huge problem with Brazilian doctors and surgeons doing exactly what this guy did. It even started hundreds of years ago, it was more like a drunken tradition that when They had a huge get together somebody drunk and passed out, anything was “fair game” Because the victim would never know. The story had some traction because they had doctors down there on video abusing patients while under during surgery. It was quite the wild ride.

Jesus can not return fast enough.

I agree, however,

If the mid/post tribulation view is correct, I think I could have some fun while I wait.

Reactions: Bender
Thus says the Lord of hosts, ‘I have noted what Amalek did to Israel in opposing them on the way when they came up out of Egypt. 3 Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’”

Reactions: lash
Thus says the Lord of hosts, ‘I have noted what Amalek did to Israel in opposing them on the way when they came up out of Egypt. 3 Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’”
In his new law he teaches forgiveness and love. The old law was retired after his birth. Which I struggle with at times. But here we are.

For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished

Reactions: NH4X
MK20 and Bender, Mosaical law fulfilled and passed at the DEATH not birth of Messiah. I refer you to Hebrews 8 and 9, Colossians 2, Ephesians 2, and Galatians 2. As a result, as seen in these passages, we are not under the old law but the new. God told Isaelites to war not us. See Ephesians 6. I appreciate both you guys for using the Word of God as your standard of truth.

MK20 and Bender, Mosaical law fulfilled and passed at the DEATH not birth of Messiah. I refer you to Hebrews 8 and 9, Colossians 2, Ephesians 2, and Galatians 2. As a result, as seen in these passages, we are not under the old law but the new. God told Isaelites to war not us. See Ephesians 6. I appreciate both you guys for using the Word of God as your standard of truth.
This is what I was trying to convey but couldn’t. Thanks.

Reactions: lash
MK20 and Bender, Mosaic law fulfilled and passed at the DEATH not birth of Messiah. I refer you to Hebrews 8 and 9, Colossians 2, Ephesians 2, and Galatians 2. As a result, as seen in these passages, we are not under the old law but the new. God told Israelites to war not us. See Ephesians 6. I appreciate both you guys for using the Word of God as your standard of truth.
Respectfully, this isn’t technically correct. A portion of the mosaic law still stands - the 10 commandments. But those who accept Christ and His satisfaction of the sin debt are forgiven for their transgressions of it. Those who don’t are still under the curse of the law - the penalties of sin. The laws for Israel have passed, but not the 10 commandments. Some will disagree, but It is an important point, because if there is no law of any type still in play after the crucifixion, what standard are people then judged by? If it doesn't exist, how then do believers backslide (fall into sin)? How would it be possible for a believer to grieve the Holy Spirit? This is actually a fascinating topic because it gets to the heart of the question, as RC Sproul put it: "saved from what?"

And call me calloused, but this dude needed what he got, whoever did it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jscb1b
Respectfully, this isn’t technically correct. A portion of the mosaic law still stands - the 10 commandments. But those who accept Christ and His satisfaction of the sin debt are forgiven for their transgressions of it. Those who don’t are still under the curse of the law - the penalties of sin. The laws for Israel have passed, but not the 10 commandments. Some will disagree, but It is an important point, because if there is no law of any type still in play after the crucifixion, what standard are people then judged by? If it doesn't exist, how then do believers backslide (fall into sin)? How would it be possible for a believer to grieve the Holy Spirit? This is actually a fascinating topic because it gets to the heart of the question, as RC Sproul put it: "saved from what?"

And call me calloused, but this dude needed what he got, whoever did it.
This view is closer to correct.

Christ completed the promises (prophecies of the Old Testiment) HE did not replace it. HE offered a path that prior to His death did not previously exist.

Remember the woman that was to be stoned? Her cime violated the OT Law and the penalty was stoning. She repented and asked Christ for forgiveness therefore “let he whom is without sin cast the first stone.” I (Christ) have forgiven her and you should as well. Now go forth and sin no more.

Paraphrased.

Had no forgiveness been asked for and received stoning would have been justified.

Deep topic and that’s a summary.

Another way to look at this topic is that the New Testament is an addendum to not a correction/replacement of the Old Testament.

Last edited: