• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Florida sex offender who killed deputy SHOT DEAD by homeowner during attempted break-in. MANHUNT OVER.

Blue Sky Country

Urban Cowboy
Minuteman
  • DIXIE COUNTY, FLORIDA 02/24/2022

A statewide manhunt that had been ongoing in the past 10 hours for registered sex offender Gregory Miedema, who had shot and killed Sarasota County deputy Troy Anderson when the deputy had been attempting to conduct a traffic stop, is now over. Miedema, 33 years old, had tried to break into a home in Dixie during the course of the pursuit and an exchange of gunfire took place between him and the homeowner. Miedema was fatally struck and pronounced dead on scene by responding police and EMS. The homeowner was also wounded by Miedema's gunfire during the attempted break-in but is expected to recover.

NEUTRALIZED BY ARMED CITIZEN: Gregory Miedema, 33 years old, convicted sex offender and cop killer, was fatally shot by a homeowner during an attempted violent break-in:

Gregory-Miedema.jpeg

LINK:

Last edited:
    I’m sure the homeowner is already getting his indictment from the state as we speak for daring to take matters into his own hands.

DIXIE COUNTY, FLORIDA 02/24/2022

A statewide manhunt that had been ongoing in the past 10 hours for registered sex offender Gregory Miedema, who had shot and killed Sarasota County deputy Troy Anderson when the deputy had been attempting to conduct a traffic stop, is now over. Miedema, 33 years old, had tried to break into a home in Dixie during the course of the pursuit and an exchange of gunfire took place between him and the homeowner. Miedema was fatally struck and pronounced dead on scene by responding police and EMS. The homeowner was also wounded by Miedema's gunfire during the attempted break-in but is expected to recover.

NEUTRALIZED BY ARMED CITIZEN: Gregory Miedema, 33 years old, convicted sex offender and cop killer, was fatally shot by a homeowner during an attempted violent break-in:

Gregory-Miedema.jpeg

LINK:

Prayers for the Deputy’s Family.🇺🇸⚡

RIP Deputy . The home owner should be given a cash reward from the State .

agree…. However, more likely gonna at least be questioned and will lose his firearm; probably forever.

And I think FL has castle doctrine laws in place, but almost guarantee some douchebag DA has already submitted his case to a grand jury to try to get him on some flavor of murder/homicide.

Damn, I hate the cynical bastard I’ve become recently…

I’m sure the homeowner is already getting his indictment from the state as we speak for daring to take matters into his own hands.
    The way sh#t is going nowadays, you are probably 100% correct. But, he might be saved from a lot of litigation, it is Florida. Mac

another good guy with a gun saves the system from taxpayer expense!
    Exactly my first thought.
    I got the Blue Alert for this on my phone the other day. SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF ME
    It would have helped if the alerts would be accessible once you open/unlock your phone though. It woke my ass up too, but once I unlocked the phone it wasn’t available. Now that’s some dumb shit there.
    Not that likely in Florida. Castle doctrine holds up pretty well here and most DAs won’t even attempt it. In this case especially, I think it more likely that the homeowner will get kudos here rather than a citation.

i don't think the authorities will jack the shooter up. it's dixie county. they are even more "country" than here in levy.

Reactions: lash
    agree…. However, more likely gonna at least be questioned and will lose his firearm; probably forever.

And I think FL has castle doctrine laws in place, but almost guarantee some douchebag DA has already submitted his case to a grand jury to try to get him on some flavor of murder/homicide.

Damn, I hate the cynical bastard I’ve become recently…
    Hard not to be cynical anymore

could be but i hope not. most here are prepared for the same bad stuff to one extent or the other. higher need in cities for sure. but this makes me more aware even in the quieter place i live.

That mugshot is driving me nuts right now because it looks like someone and I just can't put my finger on who. Anyways, kudos to the homeowner.

well at least the crook is where he belongs in the ground , finally shame they allowed him to draw breath for so long . .

Reactions: lash