• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Florida SOT Class 3 near Pensacola?

Snake-Eyes

Quiet & Armed...
Minuteman
Oct 25, 2010
Florida
I just PCS'd to the Pensacola area. I'm trying to find a Florida Class-3 dealer to do a transfer. I've tried the various lists you can find linked here on the 'Hide, and other sites: no luck.

The only one I've made phone contact with is Jay's Guns in Pensacola, but they charge $100 per transfer. No discount for military or multiple transfers...

Anyone have any other leads?

Re: Florida SOT Class 3 near Pensacola?

Yeah, my first post!

I use Larry Blackburn, Ammunition Sales, [email protected] , 5406 Sycamore Dr, Pensacola 32503-7960. I think his phone is 850-477-2223, but I'm not sure. I usually use email.

Edited to add: There's a new dealer in Milton, close to me, Little Jack's Gunshop. Owner is Nate at 503-708-4740 (I know it's not a Fl area code, but I promise he's in Milton). His partner recently got is SOT. If you call, tell him Bruce told you. I've used Nate for non-SOT items so far, but will use him for my next suppressor.

Bruce,

Thanks for the quick response, and welcome to the 'Hide.
Great start for you: helping out a fellow member with your first post!

I called both guys. Larry @ Ammunition Sales charges $50 per Class-3 transfer. I'm still waiting for Little Jack to return my voicemail(s). (I actually left a second one to say that "Bruce told me", since I forgot on the first one).

Have you done a class-3 transfer with Larry? Some of the online reviews aren't too great... But I'd put more weight on your opinion...

Thanks again!

I can remember 3 transfers done through Larry. He did make a typo error on a Form 4 once, but I "know the ropes" so to speak and check everything over and had it corrected before submission. I've know Larry for many years. He normally would lead you through the process, but in my case he simply says, "You know what you're doing, go ahead and mail them after you get the Sheriff's signature and your photos done." Nate is a Navy helicopter pilot instructor stationed here, and could easily be out flying if no immediate phone answer. I a-s-s-u-m-e you are living in Escambia Co, Fl. In that case, Sheriff Morgan has no problems with signing off on Form 4's. Sheriff Hall in Santa Rosa Co has no problem with them either.

The reason I'm going to use Nate next is I only live about 6 miles from him, and I think maybe I could talk him/his partner come out to my little farm so I can fire whatever I'm getting. I've not met his partner, so I don't have a name or experience with him. For non-SOT transfers, Nate only charges $10 + $5 call-in.

Glad to help.

It turns out Nate's "partner" is actually his flying partner. I've sent his contact info to you via PM. I may use him for the Templar group buy myself.

I've used Larry for nine class three transfers. All went well with no issues. Good guy to work with.