• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Florida Trooper Arrests Miami Cop for Speeding

G

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yStiufMfIl0"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yStiufMfIl0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: Florida Trooper Arrests Miami Cop for Speeding

Holy crap.....

There is so much wrong on both sides of this equation it's hard to know where to begin.

I'm flummoxed.

--Fargo007

She should have tazed him. He was late for a security guard job and going 120 in a government vehicle. LOL.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">She should have tazed him. He was late for a security guard job and going 120 in a government vehicle. LOL. </div></div>

laugh.gif

Wow...just a misdemeanor??? No loss of job or licence???
Perks of the job I guess.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MAGUA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">She is a stupid fucking CUNT. He should of kept going..FUCK HER.</div></div>

And, why do you say that? The driver of the Miami PD car was driving erratically, weaving in an out of traffic with speeds up to 120MPH...and WITHOUT the lights/light bar on as he would if it was an emergency. His stupidity and negligence could have EASILY cost innocent lives and all because he was late to an off-duty job.

But, yeah...the Florida trooper is the one to blame here. Perfect logic there, lemme tell ya!

mccain_eyebrows.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MAGUA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">She is a stupid fucking CUNT. He should of kept going..FUCK HER. </div></div>

He is lucky he only got charged with a misdemeanor, his agency should nail him for driving like that.

He was late to an off duty job driving 120mph.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MAGUA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">She is a stupid fucking CUNT. He should of kept going..FUCK HER.</div></div>

And, why do you say that? The driver of the Miami PD car was driving erratically, weaving in an out of traffic with speeds up to 120MPH...and WITHOUT the lights/light bar on as he would if it was an emergency. His stupidity and negligence could have EASILY cost innocent lives and all because he was late to an off-duty job.

But, yeah...the Florida trooper is the one to blame here. Perfect logic there, lemme tell ya!

mccain_eyebrows.gif
</div></div>

And let me add to that statement.....

2542178244521.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">She should have tazed him. </div></div>

rofl!

What she SHOULD have done was treated him like everybody else she stops for 100mph: issue the traffic citation and go on her way.

She is just as guilty of abuse of authority as the cop in the subway video thread. She got her nose bent out of shape because it was a cop and she arrested him. We cant even arrest people in Texas for speeding!

I've now digested this.

His conduct was unacceptable, but speeding is speeding, not a criminal offense. If a civilian was treated this way in most states, the Trooper would be disciplined for it.

The largest disagreement I have with this is a uniformed LEO pointing a firearm at another uniformed LEO. That is nothing short of extremely dangerous.

It creates a situation where the officer(s) being pointed at (wrong or right) is trained to respond with deadly force. This could have ended terribly.

How would I have handled it?

1 - <span style="font-weight: bold">without gunplay.</span>

2 - I would call Miami Dade and have them send a supervisor to the scene immediately, as well as summoning my own supervisor.

--Fargo007

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SniperCJ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What she SHOULD have done was treated him like everybody else she stops for 100mph: issue the traffic citation and go on her way.

She is just as guilty of abuse of authority as the cop in the subway video thread. She got her nose bent out of shape because it was a cop and she arrested him. We cant even arrest people in Texas for speeding!</div></div>

How is she just as guilty of abusing authority? As I understand it, the highway patrol has full authority when it comes to enforcing traffic laws and that would also include enforcing it even when another LEO is breaking the law. Had the Miami officer had his lights flashing I doubt there would be a video of this happening but that isn't the issue.

Several years back, a Tulsa officer got HIS ass nailed by a highway patrol because he blew past the trooper without his flashers on. The highway patrol followed him at a distance and only to find the Tulsa LEO pulled over along the highway having lunch. From what I was told, that pretty much went over like finding a turd in the punch bowl.

Just because you wear the badge it doesn't make it 'okay' to speed anytime you feel the need, even if you're late to work. Sure, we all speed to an extent but I'd also be willing to bet had the Miami officer been doing something like 85mph without weaving in and out of lanes, he wouldn't have been stopped. It's the driving in excess of 115MPH and driving reckless that landed his ass in matching bracelets.

I don't know how it is in other states but here in Oklahoma, driving 30mph over the speed limit means one thing; you go directly to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200 and it doesn't matter if you're an LEO because if you aren't running hot, there's not a reason for driving 120mph down the freeway.

The one thing I DO agree on where she overstepped her bounds was drawing down on another LEO. That was pretty messed up but how was she to know who was driving and that the car hadn't been stolen? If you recall, she chased him for nearly 5 MINUTES!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fargo007</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've now digested this.

His conduct was unacceptable, but speeding is speeding, not a criminal offense. If a civilian was treated this way in most states, the Trooper would be disciplined for it.

The largest disagreement I have with this is a uniformed LEO pointing a firearm at another uniformed LEO. That is nothing short of extremely dangerous.

It creates a situation where the officer(s) being pointed at (wrong or right) is trained to respond with deadly force. This could have ended terribly.

2 - I would call Miami Dade and have them send a supervisor to the scene immediately, as well as summoning my own supervisor.

--Fargo007
</div></div>

Gotta disagree. As she stated, and for all she knew, he had stolen the car. Most people pull right over. He appeared to be fleeing. She was in perfect rights to protect herself.

I do agree that perhaps she should have called a supervisor.

Only in Florida!! I don't have to tell you what would happen if someone here drew down on a marked unit and uniformed officer for speeding!!

I've stopped civilians going in excess of 100mph and never dreamed of drawing my weapon on them. She's an asshat!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SniperCJ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What she SHOULD have done was treated him like everybody else she stops for 100mph: issue the traffic citation and go on her way.

She is just as guilty of abuse of authority as the cop in the subway video thread. She got her nose bent out of shape because it was a cop and she arrested him. We cant even arrest people in Texas for speeding! </div></div>

Going 120 MPH and evading the police is a trip to jail and more than a misdemeanor charge for everyone in the state, he got off easy because he is a police officer.

You are right he should have been treated like everyone else and gone to jail and had his car impounded.

I will ask my FHP friend what the exact charges would be if it was anyone other than a police officer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dagsta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Only in Florida!! I don't have to tell you what would happen if someone here drew down on a marked unit and uniformed officer for speeding!!

I've stopped civilians going in excess of 100mph and never dreamed of drawing my weapon on them. She's an asshat!! </div></div>

How did she know the police car wasn't stolen?

She said she thought the car was stolen because of the way he was driving.

Apparently it is not unusual for off duty miami police officers to drive that way, I am glad she put a stop to it this time.

I would have thought that a stolen police car would also have a risk of having stolen firearms in it as well and so that's why she drew her firearm.

When I was in CA I was pulled over for doing 124MPH. The cop explained to me that at that speed I was classified as being a criminal (I was in a 65pmh zone) and could be arrested, placed in jail and my car impounded on the spot (I however did NOT carry on driving once I saw his lights).

I thought he was kidding, he asked where I was from, we chatted and he gave me a huge break by writing the ticket for 85mph...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bgbill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dagsta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Only in Florida!! I don't have to tell you what would happen if someone here drew down on a marked unit and uniformed officer for speeding!!

I've stopped civilians going in excess of 100mph and never dreamed of drawing my weapon on them. She's an asshat!! </div></div>

How did she know the police car wasn't stolen?

She said she thought the car was stolen because of the way he was driving.

Apparently it is not unusual for off duty miami police officers to drive that way, I am glad she put a stop to it this time.</div></div>

AGREED, bgbill!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dagsta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Only in Florida!! I don't have to tell you what would happen if someone here drew down on a marked unit and uniformed officer for speeding!!

The question is, did they appear to be fleeing such as in this case? I don't blame her, as said earlier, how did she know it wasn't a stolen car with the driving before and after the lights came on? Pretty sure in IL that going that fast will get you a reckless endangerment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fargo007</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've now digested this.

--Fargo007
</div></div>

Gotta disagree. As she stated, and for all she knew, he had stolen the car. Most people pull right over. He appeared to be fleeing. She was in perfect rights to protect herself.

I do agree that perhaps she should have called a supervisor. </div></div>

It was obvious to her that he was not an impostor, and she made remarks on the video about it stating so, and it having happened before.

The problem is that the same thing works in the other direction too. How is he to know that she is actually a police officer and not some wacko-wannabee attempting to generate a deadly confrontation with him?

--Fargo007

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fargo007</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fargo007</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've now digested this.

--Fargo007
</div></div>

It was obvious to her that he was not an impostor, and she made remarks on the video about it stating so, and it having happened before.

The problem is that the same thing works in the other direction too. How is he to know that she is actually a police officer and not some wacko-wannabee attempting to generate a deadly confrontation with him?

--Fargo007</div></div>

And it was also stated that Miami PD has been seen tearing down the highways at blazing speeds when there is no emergency present and they are never caught; meaning they didn't have their hazards on.

The officer is guilty of reckless endangerment, period. Upon seeing the trooper behind him, he should've pulled over immediately. I don't buy for a minute that he didn't see anyone behind him, especially for 5 minutes!

If you thought a police car was stolen you wouldn't bother pulling them over with a gun drawn?

The FHP Trooper said she thought the car was stolen, many police officers leave weapons in their car, so how did she know he wasn't armed?

The Miami Police officer got off a lot easier than a regular everyday citizen would have.

What kind of moron drives 120 mph because he is late for work?

IMO he should be fired.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fargo007</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fargo007</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've now digested this.

--Fargo007
</div></div>

--Fargo007 </div></div>

He was breaking the law, she was enforcing the law.

When you act like a criminal, you get treated like a criminal.

a badge does not mean you are above the law.

I'm not familiar with FL statutes, but I think he should be prosecuted as any other driver in that situation would be.
The "I'm late for work" excuse doesn't work for anyone else, and it's no excuse for his behavior either.

He should also be terminated. He endangered the public that he is sworn to protect.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not familiar with FL statutes, but I think he should be prosecuted as any other driver in that situation would be.
The "I'm late for work" excuse doesn't work for anyone else, and it's no excuse for his behavior either.

He should also be terminated. He endangered the public that he is sworn to protect. </div></div>

He should have been charged withe fleeing and Eluding, which is a Felony Charge, not the misdemeanor reckless driving that he was charged with, which is only a traffic crime.

The Miami Police Officer should be charged with Fleeing and Eluding and be arrested just like anyone else would have been, the state attorney's office can still charge him with it unless he was smart and already paid the ticket for reckless driving.

He should be fired.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bgbill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fargo007</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fargo007</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've now digested this.

--Fargo007
</div></div>

--Fargo007 </div></div>

He was breaking the law, she was enforcing the law.

When you act like a criminal, you get treated like a criminal.

a badge does not mean you are above the law. </div></div>

I don't see where Fargo007 was suggesting any favouritism should be extended. His point was it could have gone into cluster-status quick because both parties were trained to respond to firearms drawn against them with deadly force.

That's what I got from it anyway.

I'm not saying he was right in any possible regard here.

Consider that this is not black & white - there can be improper conduct on both ends of the equation here at the same time, and I argue there was.

It was NOT handled properly on her end. She should have held him at the scene, called MDPD supervisors and her own supervisor and let them handle it through official channels with an investigation.

He would take a serious hit for this internally. There is no defense to it.

Sticking a gun in his face and handcuffing him was dangerous and foolhardy. She acted purely out of anger. Listen to her voice, and the remarks she made. It is clear she no longer believed the vehicle stolen when she saw him in it. She was pissed off because he was speeding and didn't stop when she wanted him to.

Suppose he actually was in the performance of his duties and gets a gun stuck in his face? What's a justifiable response?

Those defending the gunplay are doing so based on whose ox is being gored. You want to see him get his medicine, but it's a medicine you aren't willing to take yourself.

......Unless you want police officers legitimately able to stick a gun in <span style="font-weight: bold">your</span> face for traffic violations. Think about the conduct you are defending being enacted against YOU.

--Fargo007

I understand what you're saying, Fargo, but if I was guilty of what the officer is in this video then I would expect nothing less.

As Chris Roc said in a YouTube video I saw, "if you make the police chase you, they're probably bringing an ass kickin' with'em!"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I understand what you're saying, Fargo, but if I was guilty of what the officer is in this video then I would expect nothing less.

As Chris Roc said in a YouTube video I saw, "if you make the police chase you, they're probably bringing an ass kickin' with'em!"</div></div>

Yes and then you would be on here screaming about how this "Donut Eater" stuck a gun in your face for speeding!!!

Dude what part of "she handled it incorrectly" don't you understand. That whole incident was a micro second from one of those officers not going home to their families~~

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I understand what you're saying, Fargo, but if I was guilty of what the officer is in this video then I would expect nothing less.

As Chris Roc said in a YouTube video I saw, "if you make the police chase you, they're probably bringing an ass kickin' with'em!" </div></div>

Fair enough.
grin.gif
LOL - I remember that one too.

--Fargo007

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SniperCJ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What she SHOULD have done was treated him like everybody else she stops for 100mph: issue the traffic citation and go on her way.

She is just as guilty of abuse of authority as the cop in the subway video thread. She got her nose bent out of shape because it was a cop and she arrested him. We cant even arrest people in Texas for speeding!</div></div>

How is she just as guilty of abusing authority? As I understand it, the highway patrol has full authority when it comes to enforcing traffic laws and that would also include enforcing it even when another LEO is breaking the law. Had the Miami officer had his lights flashing I doubt there would be a video of this happening but that isn't the issue.

Several years back, a Tulsa officer got HIS ass nailed by a highway patrol because he blew past the trooper without his flashers on. The highway patrol followed him at a distance and only to find the Tulsa LEO pulled over along the highway having lunch. From what I was told, that pretty much went over like finding a turd in the punch bowl.

Just because you wear the badge it doesn't make it 'okay' to speed anytime you feel the need, even if you're late to work. Sure, we all speed to an extent but I'd also be willing to bet had the Miami officer been doing something like 85mph without weaving in and out of lanes, he wouldn't have been stopped. It's the driving in excess of 115MPH and driving reckless that landed his ass in matching bracelets.

I don't know how it is in other states but here in Oklahoma, driving 30mph over the speed limit means one thing; you go directly to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200 and it doesn't matter if you're an LEO because if you aren't running hot, there's not a reason for driving 120mph down the freeway.

The one thing I DO agree on where she overstepped her bounds was drawing down on another LEO. That was pretty messed up but how was she to know who was driving and that the car hadn't been stolen? If you recall, she chased him for nearly 5 MINUTES! </div></div>

^ tell me if i was going 120, chased for 5 minutes, said i was late for my side job +=== huge "F"in ticket $$$$$$

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fargo007</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not saying he was right in any possible regard here.

Consider that this is not black & white - there can be improper conduct on both ends of the equation here at the same time, and I argue there was.

It was NOT handled properly on her end. She should have held him at the scene, called MDPD supervisors and her own supervisor and let them handle it through official channels with an investigation.
</div></div>

I'll have to try that the next time I get pulled for 120 and reckless.
Call my supervisor.

As for her actions, everything she did was in response to his actions. If he hadn't been speeding, recklessly endangering others, and ignoring her lights and siren, then she would have never been in the situation to begin with... so it's all on him.

I see cops speeding all the time. Not responding to anything more than their hunger pains (3 times I've witnessed).
If you are responding to a call, then you should AT LEAST have the lights on. In traffic like that, it should be lights and siren.

He's outside of town, so if there was a call, she should have heard it to, so that whole excuse is shot down.

A police cruiser speeding is just another car speeding, unless they have emergency equipment operational. They are just as dangerous at that point as any other driver out there.

Good for her. Sounds like she was treating him like anybody else. To bad it got knocked down to a speeding ticket.

Real Americans love the fact that all of us, Americans, must obey the same laws, in theory anyway. "All men are created equal....". I am more shocked that anyone would actually post that some people should receive "special" treatment under that law. The next thing you know they will be posting that only "special people" should be allowed to own guns. Either you believe in equal justice, or you don't. The guy refused to stop, for quite a while, was going over 120MPH, why wouldn't the State Trooper not have a resonable idea that the guy driving may have stolen the car, may have even killed the cop the car was assisgned to then stole it, etc. If we believe the Miami cop, then regarding "he didn't see the lights", then why shouldn't be believe everyone else that says the same thing-even more so, as he is a highly trained professional? In Tennessee you going 50MPH over the speed limit (I assume theirs is 70MPH) Go to Jail. Maybe some of the experts on here can tell us what is Felony Evading? Is it more than going 120MPH, refusing to pull over, weaving in and out of traffic?

Just for the record:
The Reckless Driving Statute

Florida law, 316.192(1)(a) defines the crime as a wanton or willful disregard for the safety of property or persons. Furthermore, Florida law, Section 316.192(1)(b) provides that reckless driving "per se" occurs when the person flees a law enforcement officer in a motor vehicle.

Subsection 2 of Florida Statute Section 316.192 provides for the punishment for reckless driving. For a first conviction of reckless driving, the court may impose jail time of up to 90 days.
&#9632;First Offense: the minimum fine for a first offense of reckless driving is $25 and the maximum fine is $500.
&#9632;Second or Subsequent Offense: the minimum fine for a second offense of reckless driving is $50 and the maximum fine is $1,000.00.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paw print</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">Just for the record:

The Reckless Driving Statute

Florida law, 316.192(1)(a) defines the crime as a wanton or willful disregard for the safety of property or persons. Furthermore, Florida law, Section 316.192(1)(b) provides that reckless driving "per se" occurs when the person flees a law enforcement officer in a motor vehicle.

Subsection 2 of Florida Statute Section 316.192 provides for the punishment for reckless driving. For a first conviction of reckless driving, the court may impose jail time of up to 90 days.

#9632;First Offense: the minimum fine for a first offense of reckless driving is $25 and the maximum fine is $500.

#9632;Second or Subsequent Offense: the minimum fine for a second offense of reckless driving is $50 and the maximum fine is $1,000.00.</span>
</div></div>

I'd say that pretty much narrows it down and dries up the conversation. The officer was, without a doubt, reckless driving.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dagsta</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I understand what you're saying, Fargo, but if I was guilty of what the officer is in this video then I would expect nothing less.

As Chris Roc said in a YouTube video I saw, "if you make the police chase you, they're probably bringing an ass kickin' with'em!"</div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Yes and then you would be on here screaming about how this "Donut Eater" stuck a gun in your face for speeding!!!

Dude what part of "she handled it incorrectly" don't you understand. That whole incident was a micro second from one of those officers not going home to their families~~</span></div></div>

And, that is where you are wrong. If I break the law, I expect to pay the consequences whatever they might be. Why? Because I and only I am accountable/responsible for my actions. Furthermore, the officer making the stop/arrest would have NO POSSIBLE WAY of knowing if I was an armed felon or whatever else so I would definitely expect to have a gun in my face if I pulled a stupid stunt as we've seen in the video.

Would I be happy about having my ass kicked? I can't think of anyone who would but A.) I would have it coming if I done something as stupid as the guy in this video and B.) I would never do something so stupid as the guy in this video.

And before someone brands this as "cop bashing", I just want to say that I have the utmost respect and admiration for that Florida State Trooper!

Police arresting police. Hmm Whats next???

One fire department putting out the barBQ grill at another departments annual picnic???

It's anarchy i'm telling you! Locusts...Plague...Dogs living with cats!!

Going to go home and lock myself in my "bunker".

Remnar

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And before someone brands this as "cop bashing", I just want to say that I have the utmost respect and admiration for that Florida State Trooper!</div></div>

Agreed, Tucker301. I don't necessarily have any disrespect for the Miami LEO. I just think he was negligent, careless, and reckless with his actions.

Listen bro, I'm not making any excuses whatsoever for the Douche. Or whatever consequences are headed his way for being a Douche. His actions were unacceptable, all I am saying is had I been the pursuing officer I would have handled it differently. I would have had supervisor's ya ya involved.

I would want plenty of faces and witness to verify and bear witness to the validity of my report in dealing with another police officer.

I stand by my original position, I don't think she handled it properly, and better yet I'll bet we haven't heard the end of the story nor all of the facts either.

And for those of you who will say "why would you do that for a police officer and not a civilian" my answer is this. I've made traffic stops for violations in excess of 100mph on civies. Did I draw my weapon? NO. Did I handcuff them and bring them to jail? DEPENDS.

And finally if I was involved with another officer of the law and he in fact was doing 120mph and endangering the public as it appeared,in going to an off duty detail. I would want to make sure there was no question as to my actions in the handling of this apparent "num nut"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And before someone brands this as "cop bashing", I just want to say that I have the utmost respect and admiration for that Florida State Trooper!</div></div>

Agreed, Tucker301. I don't necessarily have any disrespect for the Miami LEO. I just think he was negligent, careless, and reckless with his actions. </div></div>

What they said.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fargo007</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not saying he was right in any possible regard here.

</div></div>

I'll have to try that the next time I get pulled for 120 and reckless.
Call my supervisor.

As for her actions, everything she did was in response to his actions. If he hadn't been speeding, recklessly endangering others, and ignoring her lights and siren, then she would have never been in the situation to begin with... so it's all on him.

I see cops speeding all the time. Not responding to anything more than their hunger pains (3 times I've witnessed).
If you are responding to a call, then you should AT LEAST have the lights on. In traffic like that, it should be lights and siren.

He's outside of town, so if there was a call, she should have heard it to, so that whole excuse is shot down.

A police cruiser speeding is just another car speeding, unless they have emergency equipment operational. They are just as dangerous at that point as any other driver out there. </div></div>

There are some incorrect assumptions in your position.

an LEO is not "obligated" to have lights and siren on when you respond to anything. And without the benefit of any patrol experience you might not realize that putting the lights and sirens on in most cases is counterproductive. It actually does more harm than good. That's why it's not done all the time. And it certainly isn't a barometer of whether the cruiser is, at that moment being used for good, or evil.

Call <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">your</span></span> supervisor?

You have set up a straw man and knocked him down with astonishing power and speed.

I suggested that the Trooper call a MDPD supervisor to take custody of the officer, not that the violator calls his own supervisor.

--Fargo007

Her actions in the video tell me that she didnt really believe that the car was stolen. If she really believed that the car was stolen and being driven by a criminal she would have performed a proper felony stop as perscribed by both policy and common sense. if you think their is an armed criminal in a stolen squad car you get behind decent cover and wait for more officers/troopers with long guns (if there is time, clearly there was. She was pissed that some jackass was disrespecting her trooper authority and wanted to stick it right up his ass, so she waltzed right up to the car and started screaming all by her lonsome. This guy was an idiot and reckless, but shes a liar.