• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing FLUSH CUP ALTERNATIVES

762frmafr

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
so what does everyone use for flush cups? i just received my stock back from STOCKADE STOCKS and he installed 2 flush cups for me. i put my sling onto the swivels that came with the flush cups and after throwing it over my shoulder they popped out of the cup twice. they look like UNCLE MIKES brand. what are some of the alternatives?

Re: FLUSH CUP ALTERNATIVES

It is possible the cups were installed a little too deep. If this is the case the edge of the swivel will bottom out on the stock and not properly lock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Moroni</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is a video of Frank doing pull ups with his rifle sling on a tree, maybe send him a pm and find out which ones he is using.</div></div>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZfty-i9Uao

WHERE DOES IT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT FLUSH CUPS??? All i here him talking about is buckles in the TAB Sling...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PinkGunsRSilly</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Moroni</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is a video of Frank doing pull ups with his rifle sling on a tree, maybe send him a pm and find out which ones he is using.</div></div>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZfty-i9Uao

WHERE DOES IT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT FLUSH CUPS??? All i here him talking about is buckles in the TAB Sling... </div></div>

well since the sling is hanging off both sides of the rifle its sort of a no brainer. Maybe you should research what a flushcup is then come back and play.

as far as the OP, I got some from brownells that seem pretty good I will try to find the part number, But do you have a pic of it the cup being too ceep might be dead on.

I've said it before, but I'd hate for anyone to go through the same thing as me. The Uncle Mikes brand are junk, do not bother wasting your time/money with them. I cant believe Brownells even sells such a poor quality product. If you want the good ones, go with the GrovTec's.

Here are the ones I got from brownells, I was ordering a VLTOR backplate and picked up 1 for it and some for my other rifles. I always forget to get McM to throw some in when I order.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=31896/Product/QUICK_DETACH_SLING_SWIVEL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Heavy-duty loop sling swivel made from durable stainless steel fits QD swivel receptacles on the Vltor Modstock or other accessories. Features a 1¼" loop to accept a variety of standard tactical sling types. Easy operating push-button allows quick attachment and release.

SPECS: Stainless steel, matte black finish. Accepts slings up to 1¼" wide. Fits quick-detach swivel receptacles on accessories from Vltor, Magpul, LMT, KAC, Midwest Industries, Daniel Defense, GG&G, Uncle
</div></div>

GrovTecs (USA made) are the only way to go, the UM's (made in China) are very inconsistant, some will work and others will not allow the swivels to go in deep enough to lock.

Also, as was mentioned, make sure they are not installed too deep.

Lurking in this thread, I took the advice offered, and ordered some of the GrovTec flush cups.

Sent my check earlier this week...
...Sweet Mother of Pearl, who still doesn't have online-ordering and doesn't accept payment over the phone?!?! I'll tell ya who - it's GrovTec. I understand that retail sales are not their thing, but crap, pay one guy for a couple of days to set you up a shopping-cart; there's no way that it wouldn't pay for itself.
Rant over, back to your regularly scheduled thread.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Voytek Jarnot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...Sweet Mother of Pearl, who still doesn't have online-ordering and doesn't accept payment over the phone?!?! I'll tell ya who - it's GrovTec. I understand that retail sales are not their thing, but crap, pay one guy for a couple of days to set you up a shopping-cart; there's no way that it wouldn't pay for itself.
</div></div>

I was thinking the same thing.
crazy.gif

Tom Manners turned me on to GrovTec a couple of years ago. That's all he supplies. Never had a failure yet. Don't know what McM supplies but they work with GrovTec swivels and the swivels that TAB supplies work well with Manners and McM.