• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Flush cup Placement and adjustable length of pull

Quicky06

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2008
St. Louis
Well im about to order my first stock( manners) and am stuck with some decisions. Ive only shot factory remmingtons stocks, specificly cheap varmint models.

The stock will be a target gun mostly from a bench but I hope to get into fclass.

Ive pretty much decided on getting an adjustable check model due to the fact its not that much more than if i were to put a karstens on it later.

I have never had the adjustable length of pull before. I honestly have no idea if i would benifet from it and the 90 bucks it will cost me. Any opinions?

Now the bigger question is where should i put the flush cups? Again i have never had studs other than the 3 that came from the factory let alone flush cups. The rifle will have an atlas rail on the front that will supply one flush cup. i was thinking about putting one on the bottom rear 1 on the left rear and one on the front left(will be a Right hand rifle)

anybody that could help me or feed me bullshit on the subject will be thanked lol..

Re: Flush cup Placement and adjustable length of pull

When I order my personal stocks I order the following;

Standard LOP w/Pad
1 Bipod Stud (You may need the Pic Rail instead for the Atlas)
2 FCs, 1 front & 1 rear, right side for LH Rifle, left side for RH rifle

This works good for me and 90% of the guys out there. I'd skip the FC on the front bottom, rear bottom wouldnt be a bad thing.

Re: Flush cup Placement and adjustable length of p

I bought an MCS-T2a w/KMW hardware on the 2007 Group Buy.

Standard LOP w/pad
1 bipod stud, plus a rear-stud
2 FC's, 1 front & 1 rear, LEFT SIDE, for RH rifle

I got the rear stud for an Accu-shot mono-pod, but I don't use it anymore. It's just in the way now.

I was also toying with the idea of adjustable LOP for the MCS-T5a, although the standard LOP seems to suit me fine.

Anyone know if the adjustable LOP affects the overall weight?

The Manners adjustable LOP is not expensive and will get you to 14.5" if you need it.

I like 5 flush cups and a bipod stud.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: One-Eyed Jack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Manners adjustable LOP is not expensive and will get you to 14.5" if you need it.

I like 5 flush cups and a bipod stud. </div></div>

I got the adj. LOP on my T4 and now that I have it, realize my stock was way too short before.

If you're going to use an Eagle stock pack, keep in mind that the flush cup will have to be between the straps. I had to change locations after the fact.

John

If it were mine, I'd get two flush cups on the left side and be done. Maybe a stud under the butt, but don't really think it necassary unless you plan on using a mono pod that needs a stud to mount.

Standard LOP seems to fit me OK, but I like the spacer just in case I want to tweak it a little later.

Hope this helps.

Re: Flush cup Placement and adjustable length of pull

If you want to get into F-Class, I'd recommend the adjustable length of pull feature. Shooting prone, you will probably benefit from a longer length of pull as your head will be closer to the scope than it is at the bench. A longer length of pull will put the scope further forward, probably more in line with its proper eye relief.

i would get adj lop and adj cheek piece if it where me, that way you can fine tune the stock and get it fitting you perfect, and also adjust it if one day you are wearing heavy clothes, if you are spending the money and ordering a stock get all the adjustibility you can out of it.

i like 1 stud up front, however i would order the stock without a stud, then get APA to install one of thier tactical studs up front, 3 flush cups, 2 on left side, 1 on bottom rear

I wound up ordering the adjustable LOP (spacer system). 3 flush cups (left-side, front and rear, plus one on the bottom rear).

I also opted for the Atlas picatinny rail. I don't currently have any use for the bottom front (via the Atlas rail) or rear bottom flush-cups, but I figured it gives me more options in case I develop a need in the future.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i would get adj lop and adj cheek piece if it where me, that way you can fine tune the stock and get it fitting you perfect, and also adjust it if one day you are wearing heavy clothes, if you are spending the money and ordering a stock get all the adjustibility you can out of it.

i like 1 stud up front, however i would order the stock without a stud, then get APA to install one of thier tactical studs up front, 3 flush cups, 2 on left side, 1 on bottom rear

</div></div>

ditto on the adjustable lop...summer shooting vs winter shooting can be as much as 1" difference.... same with the adjustable comb/cheek piece to accomodate weight variation..in the cheek.....not the lower one heh...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MOCOS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">adjustable comb/cheek piece to accomodate weight variation..in the cheek</div></div>

That would never have even occurred to me.

Seems to make sense though.

Well I guess I'm going for 2 flush cups on the left 1stud on the rear for a mono pod. I wanted to put a tubb butt ass. On it but realized I can't because of the adjustable cheek. So I'm leaning towRds the manners. Does it just uselong screws and rubber spacers?

Get the adjustable LOP. Having the stock adjustable to your build and shooting style is a must. Even more, if you ever sell it, it's adjustable to the next guy as well - A 13" LOP isn't going to work for a guy thats 6'5".

Altmost every stock I order now for Custimers I order them with ADJ LOP.

Good Luck,
JamieD
Wolf Precision
All Hogs Go to Heaven