• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Flush cup removal

Jrb572

Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 7, 2008
    Missouri
    Is there a good way to remove threaded flush cups? I do not care for the non rotating ones.

Most should have a hex hole in the bottom.
    bases_900x.jpg

If not, a large ez out bit might loosen it out.

They do. But should you use a little heat to release the epoxy?

I'd probably try putting a punch that's the same size as the flush cup and wacking it a few times. Some epoxies are strong but will release with a few sharp wack"s of a hammer.

Holy shit, EZ outs, punches, hammers lol? The painless and easy way to do this is to put some heat on the flush cup with either a small torch or a soldering iron put inside the flush cup. Use a 1/4" hex wrench and spin it out.
    Never had to take one out.

Thanks guys. I wish I liked the anti rotation ones. I think it’s uncomfortable when slung. It seems I am one of the few that does not like them.

How I do it:

Find a 3/8 drive hex socket that fits the cup. Now warm it up with a propane torch while NOT in the flushcup/stock.
    Spit on it. If your spit sizzles and bounces off the hex, it's hot enough.
    Stick the tool in the socket. Wait for the smoke, and when it smells like the nail salon in the mall, it's ready to come out.

Lefty loosy. You're all set.

Pro Tip:
    NEVER EVER put direct flame anywhere near a gun stock.

Last edited: