• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Flush cups on a carbon fiber stock

tinytigers

Private
Minuteman
Dec 14, 2013
AK
I'm looking to put flush cups in a Proof Tac 2 stock. I've reached out to Proof and they say they won't do it, but I was wondering if anyone with experience could weigh in on installing flush cups into a carbon fiber stock, or if it could be done by a gunsmith.

Thanks,
Jeff

It wasn't in a carbon fiber stock and I have access to a Bridgeport mill and do all my own gunsmithing, but I installed flush cups on both the front and rear of a boyds stock I had on my hunting rifle for this year.

I wanted them to be the rotation limited kind and found this guy selling them on ARFCOM

I think unless it was hollow or had voids somehow thru the stock, you should be able to have some installed. Rather than press fit, I might go a tad oversize and epoxy them in so it doesn't crack on ya.

Reactions: tinytigers
yes it can be done. contact chad at LRI for any gunsmithing needs and he will get you fixed up

Grovtec threaded flush cups. Just drill the correct size hole, tap said hole, epoxy hole and screw them into place.

Devcon10110 works well. So does the gorilla glue clear epoxy.

Xdeano