• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Flush Cups on an AICS

Smokin

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 20, 2007
Houston, Texas
Im not a fan of HK hooks, but I am a fan of the AICS chassis system. So I decided to find a solution to have both.

I started with the adjustable butt stock system from Surgeon. I think this system is a nice addition for improving the comfort when shooting prone and offhand. Its also nice since its aluminum so you can weld to it.

I took a Troy Industries receiver latch plate with the Flush Cup adaptors for an AR and cut the flush cup adaptors off them off. I took a wire wheel to the Surgeon Butt Stock Plate and grinded off the anodizing so I could have a clean surface to weld. Welded on the Flush Cup attachments and smoothed out the welds with a file. Duracoated the plate and Here is the finished product

P1010702.jpg

P1010703.jpg

For the Front I used the AI Spigot from Kasey for the Atlas Bipod and got his rail kit. My Atlas is on backorder so I still am using the Harris in the meantime. Bought a set of Daniel Defense QD sling adaptors and now I have attachment points for a sling. I noticed that the Spigot had a little bit of "wiggle" in it so I drilled two holes and used some set screws to reduce the wiggle. Finished product below:

P1010704.jpg

P1010706.jpg

Re: Flush Cups on an AICS

So you do other things than loading ammo for everyone huh? Cool.
wink.gif

Looks good.

Adam

Start making them and you could have a small fortune here on the hide.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Irisharrow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Start making them and you could have a small fortune here on the hide. </div></div>

Its too much work and I doubt there's much of a market when you look at the cost. The Surgeon Adjustable Butt Plate isn't exactly pocket change to begin with. Add the troy sling parts, the prep work, grinding, cutting, welding and refinishing and it makes no sense from a cost, time, or marketability standpoint. Moreover, you would have to buy the spigot attachment or weld something onto your chassis for the front of your rifle.

What WOULD make sense would be for Surgeon to make a modular bolt on piece to their existing design. They manufacture a bolt in assembly via CNC for their butt stock assembly. The only change would be that they would have to drill/tap two holes that would need to have some sort of plug for those who did not want the flush cup attachments.