• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Flush Slide Stop on Sig 1911 . . . DIY

Glock45

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 29, 2010
south-central WI, USA
So, be BLUNTLY honest here with me(not like I'd expect this crew to hand out teddy bears and rainbows anyway!)
smile.gif

So, I really dislike the slide stop lever sticking out past the frame. I tend to push on it during malfunction clears/mag changes, and then the slide totally locks up. I wasn't going to send it off after just getting it, so I decided to just shorten the slide stop myself. I figured worst case, . . .I buy another slide stop. I also prefer the looks of a "flush" slide stop.

I'm hesitant to countersink the frame. I'd <span style="font-weight: bold">HATE</span>to ruin the Sig warranty. I'm guessing, even if an issue wasn't related to that area, they'd say, "Nope, sorry, you altered the gun!"

What'd I do? I just slowly sanded and filed the slide stop down, *NOT* heating up the piece. When it got to a length I liked, I just rounded the edges a bit, then buffed and polished it a bit. It sticks out a wheeeee little bit. Bullet tip can help and just enough to pull out from left. Anyway, thanks for looking!

OH, and installed a 10-8 flat trigger. I really do prefer a straight trigger. May have to try one on an AR platform now too!

G-45
2012-03-10_21-12-46_465.jpg

2012-03-10_21-12-56_260.jpg

Re: Flush Slide Stop on Sig 1911 . . . DIY

I did that to my .45s , but I did not chamfer the frame - not like its really necessary . Shortening the slide-stop is good , IMHO . I haven't had any problem doing maintenance because of it ...

Re: Flush Slide Stop on Sig 1911 . . . DIY

Looks good man, nice and clean.

I like the looks of the flush slide stop pin on a 1911, that being said I kept the pins standard length mainly because I use the "nub" of the pin as a reference to keep my finger out of the trigger guard as I draw from a holster.

AS