• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Flushcup ??. Forgive my ignorance

Doc Holiday13

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 7, 2008
LoCo, VA
Whats so special about them? i'm only asking because in another thread someone mentioned to me that i should get some flushcups for my new build. I've got zero experience with them

Re: Flushcup ??. Forgive my ignorance

Ive had one pop out and almost drop my rifle in the dirt. Im not that wild about them myself.

Flushcups allow for swivel rotation of your sling, quicker attachment and release then swivels, which can be nice for off dominant hand shooting, etc. Having a side mount instead of standard bottom sling mount allows the rifle to sit more steady when slung over shoulder instead of flipping side to side especially with a large scope. I also find that swivels tend to loosen easier and are not as durable for me.

But it comes down to preference, I'm sure there are others who prefer something else and have had bad experience with flushcups.

They let your sling spin around and around and around until its nice and twisted.They also let you carry your rifle flat which is very nice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmg308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They let your sling spin around and around and around until its nice and twisted.They also let you carry your rifle flat which is very nice. </div></div>

Not all do, some are limited rotation. I have had mine pop out before, but it was due to me not properly engaging the swivel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You've never seen "two ghillies, one flushcup" ?? </div></div>

Thanks I needed that refreshed in my mind
sick.gif

LMFAO hahahahahaha

SniperCJ, was it the cup that came out of the swivel?

Standard cup or HD cup?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You've never seen "two ghillies, one flushcup" ?? </div></div>
HAHAHAHAHAH. I actually laughed out loud and my wife looked at me like I am nuts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SniperCJ, was it the cup that came out of the swivel?

Standard cup or HD cup? </div></div>

The male part popped out of the female part. Standard I think.

I've been looking for sling swivel studs for a flush cup. Where can you buy them? I haven't been able to find them.

what your after is grovtech brand flush cups

look em up in google maybe theres a local retailer near you, but i know brownells sells them also.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 308Guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been looking for sling swivel studs for a flush cup. Where can you buy them? I haven't been able to find them. </div></div>

Check with Scott McCree at mcreeprecision.net. $15.00 a set.

Cheers,

Doc

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doc76251</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 308Guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been looking for sling swivel studs for a flush cup. Where can you buy them? I haven't been able to find them. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check with Scott McCree at mcreeprecision.net. $15.00 a set.

Cheers,

Doc </div></div></div></div>
Doc,
Thanks for the information. Appreciate the help.

308Guy