• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fly Pakistan international Air , 1/3 of our pilots have fake licenses WTF

Mr.BR

Private
Minuteman
  • Oct 5, 2017
    One in three pilots in Pakistan has a FAKE flying license, aviation minister reveals amid probe into crash last month that killed 97 people

• 263 of Pakistan's 860 pilots hold fake licences, an investigation has uncovered
    • They cheated on their pilot's exam by paying people to take the test for them
    • Shocking find was made amid a probe into a crash in Karachi which killed 97
    • Pakistan International Airlines, which operated the crashed plane, has suspended 150 of its pilots with 'fake' licences

Abdullah Hafeez, a spokesman for Pakistan International Airlines, said the airline is now in the process of sacking the pilots.

Sajad Gull was flying the plane which crashed, though it is not yet clear whether his licence was legitimate
    'We will make it sure that unqualified pilots never fly aircraft again,' he said.

Khan made the revelation about licences while presenting preliminary findings to parliament of a probe into the Airbus A320 crash last month.

Pakistan Airlines flight 8303 flight from Lahore crashed as it attempted to land in Karachi on May 22.

The pilots had aborted one landing and were going around for a second attempt when the aircraft dropped into a residential area, killing 97 of the 99 on board.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020...ts-alleged-licence-fraud-200625110028780.html

If they did that investigation looking for brains in congress? The results would be worse.

What's a paki pilots license worth? Are properly licensed paki pilots really any better than non-licensed/fake licensed paki pilots?

isnt it in your best interests NOT to cheat on a pilots license....for nothing other than Self Preservation?

like, i dont want to be at 30K feet, then run into an issue and not know what im doing.

its like the people that want to dive without getting scuba certified.....im not wishing i skipped on training when im 130' underwater in pitch blackness dealing with a problem.

• Love
    Reactions: Maggot
    If I"m getting this right they have 1/3 of their pilots without cert and they fire less than
    that number?
    I'm flabbergasted.
    3rd world doing 3rd world shit.

R

isnt it in your best interests NOT to cheat on a pilots license....for nothing other than Self Preservation?

like, i dont want to be at 30K feet, then run into an issue and not know what im doing.

its like the people that want to dive without getting scuba certified.....im not wishing i skipped on training when im 130' underwater in pitch blackness dealing with a problem.

I suspect they are focused on the paycheck.

One in three pilots in Pakistan has a FAKE flying license, aviation minister reveals amid probe into crash last month that killed 97 people

Abdullah Hafeez, a spokesman for Pakistan International Airlines, said the airline is now in the process of sacking the pilots.
    'We will make it sure that unqualified pilots never fly aircraft again,' he said.

Yeah, and because ya'll do your job SO WELL to begin with that this situation was allowed/permitted/accepted/promoted to actually exist in the first place.... we trust you now that you'll 'clean up the industry'.

Right.

Sure.

Get right on that.....

Reactions: 308pirate
    I'm curious how many flight hours their licensed pilots are required to have... Flight school is expensive, when airlines need pilots and the new planes mostly fly themselves, they have incentive to be less diligent about who they hire.

With the downturn in air travel, seems like an easy way to get 33% of your pilots off the books, so I believe them on that part.

Yeah, and because ya'll do your job SO WELL to begin with that this situation was allowed/permitted/accepted/promoted to actually exist in the first place.... we trust you now that you'll 'clean up the industry'.

Right.

Sure.

Get right on that.....

Isn't that why you have a co-pilot? Just look over his/her shoulder when the flight attendant isn't looking.:ROFLMAO:

Isn't that why you have a co-pilot? Just look over his/her shoulder when the flight attendant isn't looking.:ROFLMAO:
    1593109620776.png

I'm curious how many flight hours their licensed pilots are required to have... Flight school is expensive, when airlines need pilots and the new planes mostly fly themselves, they have incentive to be less diligent about who they hire.
    Don’t start with that “airplanes mostly fly themselves” horseshit. That just propagates the ignorant public image of commercial airliners. If you had any clue about how complex and difficult it is to operate one of these things, you wouldn’t say shit like that.

Meh its all down to Covid 19, accident report says the pilot and copilot were babbling about it right to the end when super experienced captain landed the plane gear-up on its engine then engines failed (surprise surprise) on second or third go around

Autopilot rules. 🧻