• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Flyers ?

Backstrap assassin

Private
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2023
Ny
Ok guys..my s20 Sako 308 has about 200ish shots and I won’t from sun inch groups at 200 yards to seeing 6-8” flyers away from poa.
I’ve threw dry patches down her but never really cleaned her.
Flyers from dirty barrel?
Same lot number ammo on all shots as well.

I cleaned her before first shots.
Was printing .3 moa at 100y and less than 1” at 200y and now she’s throwing fliers every string and opened up a bit

Id clean it. My s20 shoots consistently into 5/8 or less at 100
What cal is she? What ammo does she like? I got 400rds of 180gr fusions for my 308. I wanna try 130gr-150gr barns ttsx and 178gr precision hunters. I shoot out to 500y and want the best performance on deer. Fusions are good out to 400ish before they stop exploading and turning inside

Clean it for sure. And you might need to really clean it. Years ago we had a rifle that shot great and then started throwing flyers. I cleaned it and it still wasn’t right. The smith said to clean until there was no copper visible at the muzzle(before the days of cheap borescopes) It took a long time compared to a normal cleaning but accuracy returned. Up to that point I had believed the “you don’t need to break in a new barrel” crowd. Turns out sometimes you do and sometimes you don’t. I cleaned after each outing for 2-3 trips and then it was gtg.

Reactions: ma smith
Check to make sure everything is tight fastner wise. Tighten muzzle brake if loose.
Something has changed IF it was printing those groups before with no changes.

What cal is she? What ammo does she like? I got 400rds of 180gr fusions for my 308. I wanna try 130gr-150gr barns ttsx and 178gr precision hunters. I shoot out to 500y and want the best performance on deer. Fusions are good out to 400ish before they stop exploading and turning inside
6.5cm itll shoot any factory ammo or handload ivr tried

Not Cleaning is not throwing a shot of 6-8 inches. Now you could have dicked up the crown by cleaning incorrectly which would explain whats going on. Its a combination or one of the following.

Poor shooter
Terrible ammo
Bad Scope,
Bad mount/rings
Brake is loose
Action is loose into the stock and/or non freefloating when you load the handguard
Any of the above not torqued correctly
Stock not cut correctly for action, but this is almost impossible with what you have since they test fire at factory for accuracy.

And as far as cleaning, use nylon brushes and a good copper cleaner from any of the brands. No need to put lube or any shit in bore unless its going to sit in a humid enviroment for a long time. Sounds like you got your work cutout for you. good luck.