• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FN 30-11 clone

Jagerschnapps1

Private
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2020
Hollywood, Fl
I picked up this FN 30-11 clone at an estate sale. Clone may be a stretch but I think the stock is a 30-11 stock. The action is an fn action and the heavy barrel has british proofs on it. Cheap red field style mount and bsa scope. Can anyone ID the bipod or point out anything I’m missing?
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_5042.jpeg
    IMG_5042.jpeg
    652.9 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_5041.jpeg
    IMG_5041.jpeg
    667.6 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_5039.jpeg
    IMG_5039.jpeg
    481.8 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_5040.jpeg
    IMG_5040.jpeg
    755 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_5037.jpeg
    IMG_5037.jpeg
    306.1 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Reactions: Charlie112
That's definitely a 30-11 stock. The barrel looks like it could be a parker hale. Maybe from a Model 82 or a 1200. The bipod kind of looks like PH too, but it should be stamped with their logo.

The detachable mag is aftermarket, I can't remember the manufacturer. Brownells used to sell them.

Reactions: Jagerschnapps1
The barrel Knox form looks like it is off a BSA

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    500.6 KB · Views: 34
If this shoots well are the parts available to make this into a “correct” clone or is it just not worth it?
I'm not sure you could ever find certain parts. The scope and mount, bottom metal, bipod with elevation adjust, seem pretty tough to find.

A barrel can be made like an original. I'm currently talking to Douglas about getting one turned.

Some of the anschutz accessories can be found. Correct buttpad is a FAL part. DSA has a good copy.

The flash hider is from the MAG58.

I built a clone FN 30-11. One of those ”buy the stock, and the clone will follow” deals. FN commercial action, barrel turned from FN hammer forged MG barrel, MAG58 flash hider, MAG58 bipod, real deal rail, stop, and front sling swivel, and extended FAL butt pad. Bottom metal was from a guy who made them for Mauser actions, but passed away after I bought it (I wanted to buy another for my spare 30-11 stock). Takes AICS MAGS. I took some liberties on the scope mounting from the original. I think I modded a rear diopter quick mount rear sight, but honestly don’t know where it is at the moment. It was a fun build.

Attachments

• IMG_2421.jpeg
    IMG_2421.jpeg
    597.7 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2422.jpeg
    IMG_2422.jpeg
    562.9 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2423.jpeg
    IMG_2423.jpeg
    704.2 KB · Views: 66
Thank you, it is coming together nicely. Down to detail work and refinishing.
Would love to see that bottom metal out of the stock. Any pictures of it through its inception and out of the stock? Did you consider building it to use FAL mags?

Would love to see that bottom metal out of the stock. Any pictures of it through its inception and out of the stock? Did you consider building it to use FAL mags?
I'll try and get pictures next time I'm working on it. I wanted to do fal mags, but decided not to. I still have room to open it up more if I decide to in the future.

One reason is I've known of one cracking the receiver after modding for m14 mags. I also don't think it would feed well out of those mags.

Reactions: ZG47A