• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors FN 5.7 Pistol

maxscm

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 13, 2010
N. Georgia
Thinking about getting a FN 5.7 pistol.
anyone out there used one?
opinions?
good or bad?

Re: FN 5.7 Pistol

I've shot one a few times, I like them. easy recoil fun and accurate. I was really impressed with it outdoors. Making Prairie dog hits at 100 yards.

Very fun, doesn't fit my hand well and I cant make up my mind about the safty location, I can't decide if I love it or hate it.
I would have bought one already but I can't justify the 1000.00 price tag, if I find one for cheaper I will but one.

Have one, love it, it is very accurate. Is it the HOLY GRAIL of shooting systems, hell no! Does it live up to all the internet hype, hell no. But it does do what it was intended to do quite well.

Of course the 5.7 is a specialized round and the factory loads that are out there are a POOR representation of what the system is capable of. The system requires speed to achieve its goals and the factory ammo is not loaded to potential and the bullets are varmint bullets that tend to fragment a little too soon.

If you are serious about the FN and are serious about using it for anything other than fun and plinking then you must look at Elite Ammunitions 5.7 ammo. It brings the FN up to it potential, PERIOD.

I've got one. It's an easy shooter, stone reliable and more accurate than I am. But it's pretty spendy for what it is. In hindsight, if I had it to do over again, I'd spend the cash on another EBR. Or a couple of Glocks.

And before the usual murder of crows starts dissing the cartridge, Elite Ammo has several loads that run 390-410 fpe muzzle energy (albeit with very light bullets), which is pretty respectable for something with such negligible recoil. You can roll your own to those pressures but that's barrel burning territory so I generally stay closer to FN's factory loads for range and plinking ammo.

+1 on elite ammunition.

Check out the two fn forums (fnforum.com/fnforum.net) for info on the gun and ammunition. Guns also come up for sale periodically on the classified lists. Also, certain members there periodically sell high performance ammo - more expensive, but a hoot to shoot. I have both the handgun and the SBR version of the rifle with the full auto sear - now that's fun for putting bullets downrange! Still, a somewhat expensive toy.

You can use a Silencerco Sparrow SS on one of those. Supposedly it is a nice combo.

It's a pretty fun gun. I love the weight and it's exceedingly controllable.

+1 for the Elite Ammo.

Well, I got mine shortly after they came on the commercial market. Lets just say I sold it after my first range outting. Fit and function was great but the trigger was HORRIBLE! Lots of nasty, rough creep and heavy pull. Not sure if i just got a bad one or if they are all like that. Other than that, it was accurate and recoil was not an issue.

I remember that when I was stocking up on ammo, I was buying it the SS190 & SS192 at $12/box of 50!! Wish i would have kept some as its selling for serious cash now!

Just my .02 cents..

I have fired afew I was surprised at the lack of recoil .
I like the idea of a pistol and rifle in the same cal.
but the cost is alittle out of reach to make it a option for me.