FN 502

Maelstrom

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2007
Southern Maryland
I just ordered an FN 502 from my lgs. I have never used a suppressor in a pistol before. I will use my TBAC Takedown 22 or Rugged Oculus on it once they clear ATFE jail. I know I need a booster for tilt barrel pistols but for the 502 do I need anything or do I just screw the suppressor on a go shoot?

FuhQ

Private
Minuteman
  • Aug 26, 2013
    Alabama
    You do NOT need a booster for a .22LR pistol. There's a reason no .22LR cans run a Neilsen device (booster).

Just screw it on, and shoot.

alamo5000

Gunny Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Jun 18, 2020
    I just ordered an FN 502 from my lgs. I have never used a suppressor in a pistol before. I will use my TBAC Takedown 22 or Rugged Oculus on it once they clear ATFE jail. I know I need a booster for tilt barrel pistols but for the 502 do I need anything or do I just screw the suppressor on a go shoot?
    Any gun whether its a rifle or pistol... if the barrel is fixed in place, you do not need any type of booster, in fact using a booster is sometimes discouraged.

If the barrel tilts (typically on a pistol) you will need a booster. Otherwise your pistol will turn into a single shot.

Maelstrom

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Jan 6, 2007
    Southern Maryland
    Any gun whether its a rifle or pistol... if the barrel is fixed in place, you do not need any type of booster, in fact using a booster is sometimes discouraged.

If the barrel tilts (typically on a pistol) you will need a booster. Otherwise your pistol will turn into a single shot.
    I understood the use of the booster on the tilt barrel pistols vs fixed barrel pistols. I have not actually handled the pistol yet so I was not sure if it was a fixed barrel or tilt barrel pistol.

clsx

Private
    Minuteman
    Jan 21, 2021
    Northern VA
    I have been looking high and low for one of these pistols and everyone is out of stock. Any leads would be appreciated!

mrtoyz

Armchair Commando
    Minuteman
    Jul 11, 2009
    Western WA
    I just ordered an FN 502 from my lgs. I have never used a suppressor in a pistol before. I will use my TBAC Takedown 22 or Rugged Oculus on it once they clear ATFE jail. I know I need a booster for tilt barrel pistols but for the 502 do I need anything or do I just screw the suppressor on a go shoot
    Confirming that you do not need a booster. Very impressed with my 502. Trigger was a surprise. Shoots well with my DA Mask

Maelstrom

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Jan 6, 2007
    Southern Maryland
    Thanks guys. LGS said about 4 weeks until they get the pistol in. This should be a fun pistol to plink with and for small critters when hog hunting. I am hoping I will be able to get my wife and eventually my son (he just turned 4 in August) to shoot. She is recoil shy and both are noise sensitive.

Reactions: Huskydriver

Jmccracken1214

Supporter
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Dec 10, 2018
    Thomasville, NC
    I love mine. It’s the coolest 22 I’ve ever had.
    I don’t think the barrel moves on this like a standard semi auto. No booster and it works fine
    634DC014-0846-4965-8996-9969E14EBDCE.jpeg
    6E255C96-BF22-4EDD-8803-E3747A785861.jpeg