• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

FN Ballista 300 win mag

blhar15

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 27, 2004
Iowa
I recently acquired a new FN Ballista which came with the 338 Lapau and 308 barrels. I heard they made a 300 win mag for this platform also. Does anyone know where I might find one of these? I know they discontinued the rifle and I have been looking but have come up empty.

Thank you

One fell in my lap last year. It was the kit rifle with two barrels. Haven't shot it yet, but did look for additional barrels but no suck luck. Dealer is looking for me too, not looking good though.

I know that the producer of the Ballista ,Unique Alpine, is still producing the Rifle under the name "TPG-3 A4". But they List "FN America LLC" as their distributor in the US.

I know that all the parts from the TPG like barrels etc. fit the Ballista. (i own a Ballista here in Austria and asked if their TPG-Barrels will fit in my rifle)
They even announced a new caliber some weeks ago, the .375 Swiss P

Send them an email if FN can't help you. Maybe its somehow possible to get that things to the US.
Below is their site, you should find a mail adress there.

www.unique-alpine.com

good luck!

Reactions: byoung
We saw one in the Gunsite XLR course last week,

it was terrible, had to be wrenched on every day to fire... something with the firing pin binding, or being slowed down by the grease used, it was tragic how much frustration it created.

Sorry to hear you invested in one, there is a reason you don't see anything about them

Sorry to hear you invested in one, there is a reason you don't see anything about them

I never heard of any problems with the unique alpine rifles here in europe, the only reason you don't hear or see much from them over here is the price which starts at about 10k$ for just the rifle alone.

But well this may be another story in the US, I can drive to the factory in 2 hours if i have any problem or need something from them.

That sucks but as i said, never heard of any problems here. The "real" FN Ballista which was sold in the states had some differences to the model avaiable in europe (like the grip safety) maybe that added some problems.

I was going to get one right before they discontinued it. Had the same issue as you was looking to get the 300 win mag barrel so I contacted UA asked if I could buy barrels directly from them and they told me to contact FN and FN told me a whole lot of nothing. No point in me getting a multi cal gun that I can't get the parts for. Sooo... AI AXMC or Barret MRAD for me.

Really the only answer is the AX... especially for aftermarket

the reason the Barrett MRAD didn't get attention until the contracts is no aftermarket support, it was around every bit as long as the AXMC, but no support means limited use.

the Military is supported by Barrett, not the civilian side. There was no aftermarket stuff for a reason because Barrett is not a civilian market friendly company

The gun was useless in class,

light strikes, plus when they submitted to the ASR / PRS it never made it past day one
Any publicly available info on that program you can point us at? I like reading about the technical aspects of these kinds of programs.

I recently acquired a new FN Ballista which came with the 338 Lapau and 308 barrels. I heard they made a 300 win mag for this platform also. Does anyone know where I might find one of these? I know they discontinued the rifle and I have been looking but have come up empty.

Thank you
How much was the Ballista back then???
TY

Try Midwest Gun Works in Pevely, MO. I have no idea if they still support the Ballista, but that is your best shot at talking to a human about the parts you need. Let us know what you find out.