• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing FN contact info

Joe Myles

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2008
Penngrove,CA
I have an action that is bad. Does anyone have a suggestion of who to call at the FN factory before sending it in? I have read on here sometimes they don't have the best customer service.

Re: FN contact info

just go to there site and call tomorrow, fnhusa.com

The back of the bolt hits the back of the recess in the tang when you close the bolt. Hard enough contact it takes the finish off.

Do you mean the back of the bolt handle hits the cut out/notch in the tang?

Can you take a picture? The bolt handle is a casting or forging and Winchester machines the back of the bolt handle for clearance to fit the notch. It may be as simple as relieving the handle depending on how much interference there is.

If this were a Remington action I'd look to return it but I don't know the status of production with the SPR at FN and don't know if it can be fixed or returned in a timely manner.

That could be fixed with a dremel tool or file very easily. It has nothing to do with the function of the action and you just need enough room to clear. About .005".

Oh and sorry just take some off the back of the bolt slot in the action their.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotAGuru</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That could be fixed with a dremel tool or file very easily. It has nothing to do with the function of the action and you just need enough room to clear. About .005".

Oh and sorry just take some off the back of the bolt slot in the action their. </div></div>

BL, FN/Win mill the back of the bolt lever as seen in the second picture. I'd take a little more off of the already milled lever. A file and sand paper would probably do the trick.