• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing FN Herstal TSR receiver threads

Ritten

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2007
Houma, Louisiana
Does anyone know what pitch the threads are on an FN Tactical Sport Rifle are? I've got a short barrel I'm threading for a can and need to make an extension for the tennon so I can run it through the headstock. It appears to be much finer than 16tpi and the ID of the receiver is 1.032" so I know it's not the 1x16tpi that the FN SPR is. I saw somewhere that it's the same as a pre '64 model 70, but I thought that was 1x16" as well.

I don't have a pitch gauge, but it's now on order.

Re: FN Herstal TSR receiver threads

pretty sure it is a 1 in 18 thread pitch, not 28

Re: FN Herstal TSR receiver threads

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bignada</div><div class="ubbcode-body">pretty sure it is a 1 in 18 thread pitch, not 28 </div></div>

Then the one I had was cut wrong, cause the 1 1/16x28 female extension I made to screw the barrel into so I could run it through my headstock screwed on perfectly.