• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FN is now offering the Scar 20S in 6.5CM.

AWESOME! Hopefully the barrels will sell for around 1k as the others. The other flash sup. rings so I like the surefire change also.

i have a .308 because i want the .308, but if i ever decide to compete in gas gun, i will be swapping barrels for that.

I prefer the 308 since I wont be shooting past 800, but also barrel life smokes the 6.5CM (but will def be buying 6.5CM just to have)

I prefer the 308 since I wont be shooting past 800, but also barrel life smokes the 6.5CM (but will def be buying 6.5CM just to have)
yeah, here is an early review covering that. at least the barrel changes are quick.

Reactions: CageFighter
How much?

Never mind, I saw it, MSRP $4500...

May have to just live with my SR25 in .308 and focus on a .338LM bolt gun later on instead. Sure looks nice though for those without as many forks in the fire.

Last edited:
im curious if the Surefire FH762SV-SCAR brake will fit the 6.5CM
the barrel on the 6.5CM is not stepped down (full length bull barrel) so if that brake is over barrel (OTB), it probably isn't going to work.

I read that the barrels will be available within a few months. I agree I like the .308 but I will pick one up for sure. I am kind of hoping the FN has a longer barrel life but probably not by much.

How much?

Never mind, I saw it, MSRP $4500...

May have to just live with my SR25 in .308 and focus on a .338LM bolt gun later on instead. Sure looks nice though for those without as many forks in the fire.

Jesus Christ.

So with MSRP of 4500, thats a street price of 3500-3800.

Literally cheaper, for the entire FN gun, than for the non existant 6.5CM KAC upper. Fuck me.

another quick review

AT THE RANGE
We loaded up with Hornady 140-grain ELD match ammunition, and shortly after zeroing at 100 yards we were banging a 0.6 MOA plate at 550 yards at will. Then we went 4 for 5 at one mile. We have zero complaints about the capabilities of this rifle. However, the fact the MK20 only ships with one 10-round magazine, just like its 7.62N baby brother, was a tad annoying. Thankfully, we had some spare SCAR-H magazines on hand.

Reactions: USGILT
another quick review

AT THE RANGE
We loaded up with Hornady 140-grain ELD match ammunition, and shortly after zeroing at 100 yards we were banging a 0.6 MOA plate at 550 yards at will. Then we went 4 for 5 at one mile. We have zero complaints about the capabilities of this rifle. However, the fact the MK20 only ships with one 10-round magazine, just like its 7.62N baby brother, was a tad annoying. Thankfully, we had some spare SCAR-H magazines on hand.
I'm calling bullshit on this review! .6 moa at 550 and 4 for 5 at a mile, LMAO!

Last edited:
I'm calling bullshit on this review! .6 moa at 550 and 4 for 5 at a mile, LMAO!
maybe. i don't think 3.5" groups is hard to believe at 550 yards, but i have no idea how hard a mile might be, or the size their target.

Hot damn. Love my 17 but the 308 chambering was my excuse for not getting the 20. May have to put a couple dust collectors up for sale-

Curious about barrel life. If hammered 6.5 barrels last 4000 rounds or better there’s little reason to stick to 7.62.

Reactions: Crang
Hopefully the barrel assembly is reasonably priced. I have a 20S in 7.62 and would love to see what it can do with 6.5CM.

Curious about barrel life. If hammered 6.5 barrels last 4000 rounds or better there’s little reason to stick to 7.62.

This would be amazing if true, particularly in a semi auto. I would love to hear about some first hand reports of >4k rnds and maintaining acceptable accuracy. I’m babying the CHF barrel on my Sako in the hopes of squeezing 3k out of her.

Hopefully the barrel assembly is reasonably priced. I have a 20S in 7.62 and would love to see what it can do with 6.5CM.

Its been mentioned in articles but also echoed by FN Reps at SHOT. They made it sound like it you would be better off selling your 7.62 and picking up the 6.5 now instead of waiting for a barrel conversion. Not going to be a priority, much like SCAR PDW civilian sales.

Its been mentioned in articles but also echoed by FN Reps at SHOT. They made it sound like it you would be better off selling your 7.62 and picking up the 6.5 now instead of waiting for a barrel conversion. Not going to be a priority, much like SCAR PDW civilian sales.
latest i hear from MWG is the barrel assemblies will be in the $1200-1500 range.

maybe. i don't think 3.5" groups is hard to believe at 550 yards, but i have no idea how hard a mile might be, or the size their target.
They're not claiming a 0.6MOA group at 550, they're claiming that "we were banging a 0.6 MOA plate at 550 yards at will." To me, that would suggest substantially better than 3.5" at 550... You're not taking a 1 MOA gun and banging a 1 MOA target "at will" at 550, or any other distance beyond a couple of hundred yards.

And, hitting a pickup truck sized target at a mile is not quite the same thing as hitting an IPSC target. We all know, "size matters..."