• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fn made model 70

eodusa

Private
Minuteman
Jun 22, 2008
Are the new fn made model 70s come in long action only like the pre64?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do they have same pattern as pre 64 bottom metal?

Different bottom metal and hole spacing than Pre '64. They use the post '64 layout with the exception that they have done away with the 3rd middle screw. All bottom metal is now post '64 one piece. Long or short...

Pics please? Much appreciated. I have a spare bottom metal piece from Williams. Maybe I have to sell it since it won't fit

The new FN long actions still have the hole for the middle screw...mine is a 30-06, the factory bottom metal doesn't use the middle hole, but the hole is there in the action...and threaded.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I have one of the newer fn/winchester model in 270. This is a really nice/smooth action. Hate they lost ground to Remy many years ago.

The only thing that Winchester/FN lost to Remington is the number of aftermarket parts available, and that is good for Remington because they certainly need it. The M-70 action is superior to the 700 in every meaningful way. I wont even consider even a expensive custom copy of a 700 over the M-70. For me, the only available improvement is moving up to an AI.

Added another to my colection. 270 ultimate shadow ss. I already have a McMillan on order to replace the factory stock.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk