• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FN PBR in McRee stock

Mjolnir23

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 7, 2012
First off, McRee stocks are awsome IMO and Scott McRee is top notch in his work and CS, they also have a disclaimer on the site about winchester actions in the stocks so I am not trying to bash them. Got my G5 stock and put my PBR XP in it but having some difficulty now with external mags. I can get the mags to seat but it is harder than it should be and removing the mags is even harder. Just curious if anybody else had this problem and what exactly did you have to get done to fix it?

Re: FN PBR in McRee stock

You need the action modified a bit. Search for the CDI bottom metal and fn SPR thread, and you will see pics of the little bit of machining required. The FN action will not "drop in" to the mcrees. Send your action out for the proper mod, and you will be happy, it's worth it. Mcrees are awesome, and the company is good people--the type to send you a Christmas card!