• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FN PBR Win 70 stock questions

JRucker2004

Private
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2010
Oregon
So I'm doing some research for my first bolt gun build, and my gunsmith has a pretty good line on some FN PBR actions. The problem I've been having is that I can't seem to find many tactical style stocks for that action.

I know that the PBR action is based off the Win 70 action, what are the differences?

Will a stock made for the Win 70 fit the PBR action?

What about the PBR's bottom metal, with the removable mags, would I need to modify a Win 70 stock to accommodate that (assuming a Win 70 stock would work in the first place)?

The only stocks I've been able to find so far are McM and HS, and they both start around $500, which is quite a bit more than I'd like to pay. What other options do I have?

Re: FN PBR Win 70 stock questions

I tested mine in my model 70 heavy varmint stock before selling the FN rifle, it fit like a champ. I am pretty sure the heavy varmint stock is made by HS. And while on the trail if your going to have to modify a stock for a DBM setup you could send it to CDI and have it inletted for their DBM setup which is a nice setup.

Thanks for the info guys, I found a link to stockys website in another thread, and found this:

http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-371/vertial-grip-tactical-hs/Detail

Anyone have experience with that stock? seems to be a pretty good price for what it is. I tried calling them, went straight to voicemail, and their voicemail is full. Are they a good company to order from, or should I be weary?

www.mannersstocks.com take a look then call, they are very experienced with FN PBR be sure to tell them if you are going to add a CDI Mag. system, the FN PBR mag. is garbage. This is a top notch company and product, if you want them to they will install and bed the action. You can trust them to help you get what you need and nothing you do not need. Please use the search fuction to see what others say about Manners Stocks.

My PBR XP is in a factory Winchester stock (probably made by B&C). I did change the bottom metal to the hinged floorplate type so I didn't have any issues with fit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRucker2004</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the info guys, I found a link to stockys website in another thread, and found this:

Anyone have experience with that stock? seems to be a pretty good price for what it is. I tried calling them, went straight to voicemail, and their voicemail is full. Are they a good company to order from, or should I be weary? </div></div>

I've had nothing but good luck with Stockys.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRucker2004</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the info guys, I found a link to stockys website in another thread, and found this:

Anyone have experience with that stock? seems to be a pretty good price for what it is. I tried calling them, went straight to voicemail, and their voicemail is full. Are they a good company to order from, or should I be weary? </div></div>

I just ordered this stock from stockysstocks for my PBR barreled action (I bought it 07/2008 and am just getting around to building it): http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-375/FN-Patrol-Bolt-Rifle/Detail

It's already set up for the PBR with the DBM, just wanted to give you another option. I ordered Sunday Evening and it shipped today.

After doing some more research, I've decided to go with a 700 action. I just wasn't very happy with my options as far as accessories were concerned.

Thanks again for everyone's input.

How did the FN barreled action shoot?

I struggled with same decision some time ago, and came to same conclusion. Decided not to get a FN and got a Remington instead because of aftermarket parts.