• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

FN PBR-XP Question

YetiSlayer

Private
Minuteman
Jun 27, 2010
Hillsboro, Oregon
So I got this PBR-XP .308 on a good deal and mounted my Leupy 10x40mm M1 Mark IV on it. It has turned into a real tackdriver. I really like the rifle, the action is silky smooth and it is short and handy but as has been mentioned before the weak point is the Hogue stock. I would like to take one of the McMillan stocks that some take off of their SPR's and replace the Hogue if I can get one on a decent deal on one. Will they just (more or less) drop right in or is the inletting on the SPR's radically different? How would CDI bottom metal work with that stock? Another option would be to get a HS precision but what inlet do I need for that with a CDI bottom metal? ALso if the SPR takeoff stock would work, does anyone know of one for sale?
Incidentally I really like the Winchester 70 action so switching to a Remington is not an option that I want to consider.
Thanks Guys

Re: FN PBR-XP Question

It will drop right in, Barrel channel might be a bit wider, but it's floated who really cares. Do it. Also watch the mcmillan site. They usually have some in the specials section.

Re: FN PBR-XP Question

The PBR and SPR are the same action. As said above, it will drop right in.
On my rifle with the CDI BDM you can either open up the corners of the bottom of the action below the feed ramp OR modify the mag itself.
C. Dixon has a thread in the gunsmith section with a pic of a modified Mag. This is what I would have done if I knew about it before I did the action mod.
Where you open the corners of the action is a very minor non-stress area, I just like the mag modification better.