• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FN PBR XP thoughts/opinions ?'s

ToddM

Philanthropist
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2008
PA
Been looking to put together a "light" rifle something in the 10-11lb finished range. Originally was looking at the XCR/LTR.

What's the word on these FN PBR XP's? I did as much searching as I could given the search restrictions (can't search on PBR, XP, FN) but it seems like guys were buying them by the truck load a few months ago when CDNN had a bunch of barreled actions. However, since then not much has been posted about them as far as how they turned out or performed at least that I can find and what I did find seemed hit and miss on accuracy.

I see CDNN is still blowing them out at $750 with the hogue fully bedded stock for the PBR XP setup. Seems like a good deal in 20" fluted and with a scope mount. Be different than doing yet another 700 and a good fit being a medium profile fluted barrel.

Is the full length aluminum bedded hogue stock any good? I've played with some of the pillar bedded hogue stocks and they have way too much flex. Were they just a fad due to the super deal that fell out of favor or didn't live up to the hype?

On that note did the PBR XP replace the PSR series? I saw them listed on the FN webpage but could find nothing on them anywhere else, none for sale, etc. unless they are a brand new model. Looked like they had a better stock, but the description lighter fluted barrel etc. seemed similar.

Thanks

Todd

Re: FN PBR XP thoughts/opinions ?'s

I only know one person running one, I got to play with it a bit and for the price I am very impressed. Im still really thinking about getting one as a nice truck gun. Im still just hung up a bit on the hogue stock.

Re: FN PBR XP thoughts/opinions ?'s

I bought two FN PBR, a USMC sniper friend bought 2 and another USMC Sniper bought 10 of them, he posted these findings on his web site. www.longrangeinternational.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=323&start=30 I put mine in Hogue Pillar stock shoots 1/2 at 100 yds and 1 7/8 at 300 yd. the other fellows do the about the same, we are all amazed! I have AIs and a host of other tricked out rifles to compare the PBR to, magazines are worthless but the fellow at CDI can fix that.