• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FN PS90 USG vs Tri-rail

Bri0242

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2011
DFW, TX
I bought a 5.7, and now I want a PS90. Are the built-in optics in the USG bad? Can the built in optic be removed? Any personal experience with any of these? I want to encourage my wife to shoot it. I'm not interested in SHTF or caliber discussions.

Re: FN PS90 USG vs Tri-rail

the best factory FN sight in my opinion is the Secret Service sight which has the black outlined reticle. the white reticle is kind of a milky color/vague. there are illuminators available for the white sight available in different colors.
I replaced my factory sight with a mini ACOG in a custom mount that fits in place of it. Its not nearly as high as the tri-rail setup/better cheekweld IMHO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 124C41</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get the TriRail and mount your optic of choice.
I will say the USG sight looks like it would be very rugged.

If you have a USG and want to swap the sight you can replace it with a rail, or one of these:

http://www.trosusa.com/PS90/ps90ultralowoptic.htm </div></div>
The tri-rail will give you a great chin-weld,,,,never could warm up to it. try before you buy

Do you have any experience with this mount? Ease of installation? Ability to find one, etc? Can the USG sight be removed?
Tom, do you have any experience with firing the USG?
Thanks guys.

I had a PS90 with the white donut and had no problem with it but almost all my buddies did, sold it and bought another with the SS sight and black donut in aluminum housing instead of plastic for the white one, now everybody likes the sights.
Shoting it with both eyes open is a breeze and hit on clay bird sitting on berm at 150 yds are easy. I have tried the try rail model with AEotech and they are too high for me and too wide. the SS sight is perfect, day and night, compact and light weight.
hope this helps.

i liked the sight okay but the overall platform was pretty blah to me and im not sold on that round. seems like itd make a pretty good kids rifle.

I tried the rail model(P90) when I worked with the Spanish. They for some reason at the time didn't like the internal sight so they opted for rail version and red dot sights on top. This worked quite well however the somewhat bulky aimpoints did get the crap beat out of them being mounted in the front like they where. I think it would come down to price to me. Great weapon system for PSD, sure beats a mp5 or a colt commando.

The USG sight can be removed, I have that one and the white donut sight with an aftermarket illumination kit which I like alot. The above mentioned mount from TROS is what I have for another PS90 that I have with a mini ACOG which is my favorite jack rabbit gun,,,SBR'd and suppressed

I had/have one of the older white ring sights, nowadays I'm using the TROS aimpoint mount. I like the hight of the TROS mount. The factory sights seem small and low to me, but I may just have a fat face...

Hey bro, if you are in the DFW area, I know Targetmasters has 1 or 2 PS90's you can rent to see which one you like.