• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FN Scar 6.5

7spd

Private
Minuteman
Mar 22, 2017
anyone have trigger time with a fn scar 20s in 6.5 cred ?

i thought somebody here was taking delivery already but maybe not, or maybe no scope on it yet?

Reactions: earthtrekker1775
i thought somebody here was taking delivery already but maybe not, or maybe no scope on it yet?
No live fire time yet. Waiting on my ZCO 4-20 then I will post a range update. So far I can tell you that it doesn't feel heavy, it balances well, it has a mile of rail on top to run NV or other wiz-bang gizmos, fire controls are easy to reach and manipulate, adjustable stock is rock solid, Geiselle trigger is flippin' sweet.

Reactions: CUSTOM1911FAN
I'm interested in knowing what the recoil impulse feels like compared to a 308 17S. W/ clip-ons... them SCARs aint exactly the best platform - speaking from first hand knowledge.

If the 20s 6.5 is softer with the factory Jet, probably an okay choice to rethink. If it's anywhere in the vicinity of 17S feel, it'd be a bad idea all the way around. Not scientific, but gives me hope. Really like the SCAR.

Reactions: Cheyenne Bodie
I'm interested in knowing what the recoil impulse feels like compared to a 308 17S. W/ clip-ons... them SCARs aint exactly the best platform - speaking from first hand knowledge.

If the 20s 6.5 is softer with the factory Jet, probably an okay choice to rethink. If it's anywhere in the vicinity of 17S feel, it'd be a bad idea all the way around. Not scientific, but gives me hope. Really like the SCAR.

I had similar concerns. I have never fired a 17S so I cannot speak to that comparison. However, I did talk with the fine folks at KAC KnightVision and they were not concerned, they said their pvs-30 is tested and rated up to 50bmg. It also has a 1 year warranty so we'll see. Also, not sure of the weight of the 17s but the 20s is an 11.2lb rifle empty with no optic. Did you have a clip on get killed by your SCAR? I want to do everything I can to avoid that but so far I haven't seen much in the way of people having issues with clip ons, 17's clearly have a documented history of eating some scopes. I talked with Nick at ZCO and he was confident their scopes are up to the task.

If I get too nervous about running the clip on with the SCAR, I'll just put it on something else.

I’m interested in this as well. I replaced the gas jet w/ a 1.2mm from PMM on my SCAR 20 .308. The recoil impulse w/ a TBAC Ultra 9 is considerably less w/ the 1.2mm jet. Me want 6.5 CM barrel now.

Reactions: Texascbr
Everyone say's they're confident it will hold up. Hell, my UTCxii had to go back for a dead pixel refresh ... thanks to the SCAR17. I know of another dude who had to send his back too, same reason, but lots more dead pixels. Trijicon would blabber about how it was recoil rated, but they'd never confirm it's gtg on a 17s. When they start talking 1 year warranty, you'd better figure out if it'll work on it pretty damn quick because once you're out of warranty, you're SOL.

I know another gent on here dusted a PVS-30, non refurb... sent it back for warranty work. They all claim to be recoil rated, and no doubt, the 30 is probably the sturdiest, but it still fails. I won't even try my 24LR on a SCAR. Perhaps on an AR10, but for now, I'll stick to the AR15s and bolt guns with that guy.

My atacr 8x held up on the 17, but I wasn't blasting it with thousands of rounds. I'd imagine you're ZCO will be fine, but time will tell.

I’m interested in this as well. I replaced the gas jet w/ a 1.2mm from PMM on my SCAR 20 .308. The recoil impulse w/ a TBAC Ultra 9 is considerably less w/ the 1.2mm jet. Me want 6.5 CM barrel now.

I personally believe the Jet replacement IS the solution for the recoil issues. Imagine a non-adjustable gas block on an older AR15 - they're always overgassed by design. Same goes for the 17s and probably the 20s.

I rejetted my 17s with a 1.35mm, and it didn't change much in terms of recoil, at least felt recoil. Not scientific.

The 20s in 6.5 seems like a solid rig, but I'll be holding out for something like the KRG Fox42 if that's what it takes.

I’m not sure what you guys are talking about. The 17 has one of the softest recoil for all my other 308’s. The 20s has even less recoil than the 17. I own both.

I’m not sure what you guys are talking about. The 17 has one of the softest recoil for all my other 308’s. The 20s has even less recoil than the 17. I own both.
1600529882158.png

Its 2020 and there are still people who dont know about the SCAR impulse.....or think hes talking about felt recoil.