• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FN Semi Auto 7.62.. ??

Re: FN Semi Auto 7.62.. ??

Yeah, it's the ugliest rifle I've ever seen. Aside from that it functions well and is extremely accurate. Mags are hard to come by but are becoming more available. It uses a magazine that is completely unique to that specific rifle.

Pretty much nailed it with this post. It has a pretty good trigger for a factory gun, and although the stock is ugly as sin, the adjustable cheek pieces and length are decent features. Probably the most accurate gas gun at its price point, but has an unknown track record in comparison to the M1a, and ar-10 variants. Also, not many options for aftermarket accessories. Now if manners would inlet a t4a for it like they did for the m1a, you might have a real winner. No bones about it, the mag issue is a massive failure on the part of FN. You can make all the excuses you want, but bringing an auto loader to market without a good supply of the necessary proprietary mags on hand is totally dropping the ball in my mind.
Hey Tom, if you want to inlet one for me I can have the rifle in the mail next week. You can hold onto it as long as you need.

I thought about one myself. I have a Belgian made Browning BAR that is very similar and it is very reliable. My biggest complaint is you have to clean them from the muzzle.